autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar’s Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner - Quick Review

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    Thanks guys!

Just a tip:

The first wheel I did, I rinsed it first with my pressure washer before I applied the wheel cleaner. The cleaner began to react and change colors immediately but I got more of a dramatic change in color when I applied the cleaner to a dry wheel before I rinsed it.

Obviously, it goes without saying, rinsing the wheel first will dilute it somewhat. IMO, it's better and more effective to apply it to a dry, cool wheel.
    I use this all the time. The bottle does say to apply it dry. I made the mistake the first time I use it too and got the wheels wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to this review, I ordered a bottle of this product to try on my new Custom Wheels, and look forward to trying it out tomorrow as soon as the box arrives!

Since these wheels are "Ceramic Coated" I was seeking a safe method to try and preserve this coating as much as possible, and truly hope it works on the BRUTAL brake dust I get from these OEM Brake Pads! (So tell me this - Does the color show exactly where, and how much brake dust, or grime is on the wheel? Meaning- More colors = More sh**?)

SO GLAD I read these last few posts about applying it to a DRY wheel too! I guess we are all so used to rinsing off wheels before working on them eh?

Semper Fi !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
    Thanks to this review, I ordered a bottle of this product to try on my new Custom Wheels, and look forward to trying it out tomorrow as soon as the box arrives!

Since these wheels are "Ceramic Coated" I was seeking a safe method to try and preserve this coating as much as possible, and truly hope it works on the BRUTAL brake dust I get from these OEM Brake Pads!

SO GLAD I read these last few posts about applying it to a DRY wheel too! I guess we are all so used to rinsing off wheels before working on them eh?

Semper Fi !!
    Since your wheels are ceramic coated they should be easier to clean. Have you tried cleaning your wheels with just car wash soap? That would be the safest method to preserve the coating.

5. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried this on tires?
    It says it works on all wheel finishes. Since gobs of aftermarket wheel choices are powder coated these days I would hope this falls in the all category and not a small print exception.

After a one time cleaning I am all set with the car wash soap since the combo will be coated and kept clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Please, Megs, gimme gallon quantities of this product!

8. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes FrankS, Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Please, Megs, gimme gallon quantities of this product!
    Would be nice Paul but since it’s an over-the-counter product I don’t think it will happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Time To Order More!!

The bottle arrived Friday and we got a break in the rain for me to do a full wash today (Saturday) I'm "wicked" impressed! (Anyone guess where I'm from- geographically?) LOL.

I know that pics wont display what really happened, but am attaching them anyway. Followed the advice I gained here and applied the stuff to a dry, incredibly dirty, brake dust covered Custom wheel.

Attachment 63759

Sprayed it on pretty heavy, making sure to hit the barrel in the back. Calipers too.

Attachment 63760

Waited about 5 mins while prepping a wash Mitt and water to tackle em all. Sure enough they started foaming up in color, and truly stuck to the wheels!

Attachment 63759

Sprayed them off w a strong stream of water REALLY good and was blown away at how much they started shining right away! **I didnt even use the wash Mitt to agitate the spray at all either! This stuff SERIOUSLY took off all the brake dust and grime on these "Black Chrome" wheels. Even the rear barrel of them AND the stock Orange Calipers were absolutely pristine! I'm floored folks!!

I then did the rest of the car and hit it with my brand new MetroVac Master Blaster Revolution - wheels too! **Anyone who's used one of these knows how awesome they are, and anyone who doesnt - start saving up, or buy one when AG has a killer sale. Whole car, n wheels completely dry within 10-15 minutes tops!** Unbelievable product.

Attachment 63761

Did a quick towel dry and inspection on the wheels and found only minor water Mark's and dust that easily came off. I was seriously impressed w the job on the calipers, and again, rear sections too!
    (Used my favored Pinnacle Tire Dressing while wiping off leftover water. Lovin it)
    *The only huge eyesore are the huge orange looking rotors, which will hopefully scrub off while braking hard!

Attachment 63762

Note: Wrote this entire review on my cell, tried attaching multiple other pics - with Error Msgs. Hope it even comes out!

This Meguiars Wheel Cleaner gets two thumbs up and a snap from me!
    (Anyone remember where that's from?)

11. Likes FrankS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, Gunny!!

Go Sawx??
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice post Gunny!

I would say you're from South Florida since you say you got a break from the rain....but probably not

15. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m looking forward to trying it. I wasn’t impressed at all with the Mirror Bright wheel cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

17. Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast