autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW MC KEES sio2 WASH

What does the sio2 stand for? I thought it would be silicone dioxide which would help protect the vehicle.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
    Weird none of these products ever have a beta...
    Some products we advertise BETA samples on the forum, while others we do not. Nowadays, we mostly advertise BETA samples on our Facebook discussion group, where we attract the cream of the crop (meaning people that are genuinely interested in detailing and our product line). Sio2 Auto Wash has been cooking in the oven for quite some time. Back in May I invited FrankS, a reputable forum member and world-class detailer that posts helpful, informative content on the forum, to test out one of the BETA versions during Cars & Coffee. The formula wasn't quite there yet, so we had to make some changes.

I looked through your posting history Jeff and it appears that your intentions on this forum are questionable, especially when it's a thread that pertains to McKee's 37.

In my experience, people join and post on a discussion forum for 1 of 3 reasons.

1. To learn.
    2. To help others.
    3. To cause trouble.

What's your reason for being here?

If you genuinely have good intentions, and your questions are not intended to be rhetorical and sarcastic, I would invite you to give me a call. I would be happy to answer any question you have in detail.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Depending on temp is your answer. I would love to see this work at 2pm on a hot sunny day where the metal is at 150 degrees and no streaks.This is a wash solution with little silica in it.Its not a wash to prevent spotting.
    Maybe you missed the thread I made last week.

Actually that is one of the main characteristics of this soap is to prevent spotting.

I washed a dark blue Porsche 911 in 90+ degrees around lunchtime with no clouds/shade anywhere in sight. I let the soap solution dry on the paint, I rinsed and dried as normal with no streaks/water marks.

check out the thread when you get a chance, A video on the 911 will be coming out shortly, in the process of editing.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ndy-gloss.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post

Then the threads when people have problems or questions they seem to be overlooked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Matt,

Since January 2011 I've made 7,077 posts (7,078 including this one ). A lot of which I would consider to be helping people that have questions. I'm not always able to reply the same day, but overall I'm pretty good at addressing any threads pertaining to my brand. If a question is time sensitive, most people will pick up the phone and call me.

I guarantee I can solve any issue that any person has with my product line. Nobody has ever hung up the phone unsatisfied with my response to their question.

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Understand fully but I want more feedback with good results.The initial outlay of 50.00 on a new product without any feedback from a couple of guys isn't enough to persuade me to buy it now.Im really not in the maintenance sector washing cars for me its not worth my time.However I would consider buying it for personal use.Never buy a product that just introduced. Into the market its all hype in the beginning and Im sure you know that.mckees has great stuff but I wait for others to dive in and give us reviews.
    Jeff,

Next time you stop by the shop I'll give you a full size bottle, on the house, for you to evaluate on your personal vehicles. I agree that for someone like yourself that details for a living, $50 a gallon wouldn't make the most sense to use on every vehicle you wash. I would save it for the clients with a coated vehicle, that pay you big bucks to come out and perform a maintenance wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Isewake
    What does the sio2 stand for? I thought it would be silicone dioxide which would help protect the vehicle.
    Think of Sio2 Auto Wash as a wash and wax, but instead of wax it contains Sio2. It works extremely well to maintain a vehicle that's coated using our Paint Coating, or our Hydro Blue. It enhances gloss, promotes water sheeting (making the vehicle easier to dry), and helps maintain the gloss and hydrophobic characteristics of your coating. It's also very friendly in direct sun; it can dry on the paint without causing any issues.

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say that with the products Nick has come up with recently it has made my maintaining of our cars a lot easier and simple. I have become a fan of McKees 37 products.

Any concerns or questions Nick has taken time to answer them for me

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: NEW MC KEES sio2 WASH

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@McKees37 View Post
    Hi Matt,

Since January 2011 I've made 7,077 posts (7,078 including this one ). A lot of which I would consider to be helping people that have questions. I'm not always able to reply the same day, but overall I'm pretty good at addressing any threads pertaining to my brand. If a question is time sensitive, most people will pick up the phone and call me.

I guarantee I can solve any issue that any person has with my product line. Nobody has ever hung up the phone unsatisfied with my response to their question.

Jeff,

Next time you stop by the shop I'll give you a full size bottle, on the house, for you to evaluate on your personal vehicles. I agree that for someone like yourself that details for a living, $50 a gallon wouldn't make the most sense to use on every vehicle you wash. I would save it for the clients with a coated vehicle, that pay you big bucks to come out and perform a maintenance wash.

Think of Sio2 Auto Wash as a wash and wax, but instead of wax it contains Sio2. It works extremely well to maintain a vehicle that's coated using our Paint Coating, or our Hydro Blue. It enhances gloss, promotes water sheeting (making the vehicle easier to dry), and helps maintain the gloss and hydrophobic characteristics of your coating. It's also very friendly in direct sun; it can dry on the paint without causing any issues.

Hey Nick,

How do I get on the free SIO2 wash, so I can evaluate it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mengelhardt View Post
    I've been using Hydro Blue on both of my DD recently. After application of HB, I go until the cars need washing. I then either do a 2B wash or if it's just real light dirt, I'll do a waterless wash. I've noticed after I do a wash, my hydro blue no longer beads and sheds water as well after it's been wiped by hand. If I instead start using this as a maintenance wash, will the HB maintain it's beading properties better? Or does this wash still require reapplication of HB afterwards too?
    What car wash soap or waterless solution are you using? Any chance they're leaving their own gloss enhancers or wax that would alter the Hydro Blue? I only ask because it seems to be a common thing that comes up in coating threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@McKees37 View Post
    Hi Matt,

Jeff,

I reason I asked is because it seems like it has silicone dioxide in it but on the product page, it states no silicone. Seems to me that it's similar to Gyeon Bathe+ which I like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isewake View Post
    The documentation page ( McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash 128 oz. ) says silicon dioxide. Technically, it should be spelled "SiO2" and furthermore the "2" should be subscripted but this version of vBulletin does not support subscripted or superscripted numeric fonts. Silicon dioxide is also referred to as "silica" and is the principal component in glass. I am a little surprised that the McKee's chemists did not catch this spelling mistake, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by txchevyz71 View Post
    Hey Nick,

How do I get on the free SIO2 wash, so I can evaluate it?
    Once you have a history of posting well-documented reviews on the forum you'll automatically be considered!

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    The documentation page ( McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash 128 oz. ) says silicon dioxide. Technically, it should be spelled "SiO2" and furthermore the "2" should be subscripted but this version of vBulletin does not support subscripted or superscripted numeric fonts. Silicon dioxide is also referred to as "silica" and is the principal component in glass. I am a little surprised that the McKee's chemists did not catch this spelling mistake, though.
    Good catch. Our chemists do not write the web copy for the Autogeek site, though.

I'll let Autogeek know so they can update their website copy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast