autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    If it is an UDM relabel, or even if it is not an UDM relabel but it doesn't end up distinguishing itself significantly from PC/UDM in how it walks the walk, then it is IMHO not competition as much as overcrowding of the segment and irrelevant. If you eat chicken every day and want change in your diet you don't say "gimme that other chicken" you say "gimme steak".
    This is true for those that have been doing this for a while but for a new comer, this is where here niche is filled.

It's going to have a lifetime warranty too. My G100 failed me and I had a new one in less than 3 days after sending my old one in!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513 View Post
    This is true for those that have been doing this for a while but for a new comer, this is where here niche is filled.

It's going to have a lifetime warranty too.
    If it turns out to be more of the same (similar specs / similar vibrations) I do not see anybody benefitting from it (except Meguiar's, of course). We all know how lifetime warranties work. In my opinion casual users (which is majority of newcomers) do not use machine in a manner / intensity that should result in breakdown outside the first year. Those that will most likely have a need for it are ones that do this intensively. And those that do this intensively can be better off by looking at alternatives that would let them work faster and with less stress on the body as total "savings" of that is in my impression much higher than what would be of lifetime warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by budman3 View Post
    The PC 7424 came with a 5 oz counter weight and the PC7667 comes with the 6 oz counter weight. Meguiar's didn't make their first machine so I doubt this one is made by them either. If it'd just another form of the UDM then they can keep it ...
    Strange how Porter Cable would give them two model numbers when all that's differant is the counter wgt. which cost almost nothing right here on AG. Just seems to make more out of a small item like counter wgts. then needs to be. Oh well, it's probably just me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrflake View Post
    Strange how Porter Cable would give them two model numbers when all that's differant is the counter wgt. which cost almost nothing right here on AG. Just seems to make more out of a small item like counter wgts. then needs to be. Oh well, it's probably just me.
    It is just you. If you take a look at packaging content of PC7424 vs. PC7336SP you will realize difference in counterweight is not the only thing different. Every manufacturer out there gives two different part numbers and/or models to two different variations. Tool is just one part of it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234