autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Rupes p808 sealant

RUPES P808 Protective Sealant is a spray on car wax that protects and shines all hard exterior surfaces

This looks like a really easy to use sealant. And plays nice on top of your current LSP. Anyone use it yet?
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes p808 sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Just got some, will try it out in a day or two.

Ended up using Opti Car Wax and WG Spritz Sealant on some Mothers Day details today. Wanted to try it out but would rather do it on one of my cars first.

Might try the M606 followed by the P808.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the P808 out on my door this afternoon/evening in the cool 50deg weather.

I used one spray on a new Earth Blue Elite microfiber towel and a couple on the door. It goes on nice and amost instantly disappears. Nothing oily, no smell, and no streaking. I also used on the glass, with the same results. It was like using a nice quick detailer. No second pass or buff was needed.

It was reasonably slick, or not grabby, on a polished and maintained surface(Poli-Seal ealier this spring, with an occasional Opti Car Wax).Feels very slick to the touch a few hours after application. Vehicle was rinseless washed recently and the door was preped using M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer.

I need to give it another try on a hot day to see how it affects application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    I tried the P808 out on my door this afternoon/evening in the cool 50deg weather.

I used one spray on a new Earth Blue Elite microfiber towel and a couple on the door. It goes on nice and amost instantly disappears. Nothing oily, no smell, and no streaking. I also used on the glass, with the same results. It was like using a nice quick detailer. No second pass or buff was needed.

It was reasonably slick, or not grabby, on a polished and maintained surface(Poli-Seal ealier this spring, with an occasional Opti Car Wax).Feels very slick to the touch a few hours after application. Vehicle was rinseless washed recently and the door was preped using M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer.

I need to give it another try on a hot day to see how it affects application.
    Sounds like a great product. Look forward to your thoughts on it vs. WG Sealant Spritz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Sounds like a great product. Look forward to your thoughts on it vs. WG Sealant Spritz.
    +1, thanks for updating and providing your thoughts and feedback!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Ha, you made me do it. I couldn't have just one clean and sealed door anyway.

Washed it with some Rupes M101. Then used P808 and WGDGSS alternating between the two on separate panels with separate towels. This was under my carport during a light rain and about 60deg.

They preformed so similar that I cannot tell the difference between the two other than the tropical smell of the WG product. Both faded off of the paint leaving nothing visible behind, even at the end when there was more product on the towels. It was a little slower to dry/flash than yesterday when the humidity was a little lower.

The WGDGSS might have been just a touch more grabby and less slick, both freshly applied, and just after. But the difference is so minute that it is so hard to really say and may not really be worth noting. Neither are as slick as applying some spray waxes, but to me that is typical of a spray sealant.

I'm not sure about the Rupes product, but I know that Wolfgang sealants prefer a moisture free cure period for best results.
    Last edited by Mantilgh; 05-10-2016 at 03:15 PM. Reason: B