autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Battery Tender Plus Review

I say these should go on sale!

Hint hint..
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    I say these should go on sale!

Hint hint..
    Just ordered mine....on sale 59.99
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like
    I can tell you right now, if you have anything that sits for an extended period of time, you need one of these, and here's why...I've used one for about 4 years now, I bought one back when I needed to purchase a new battery for my camaro because it went dead from sitting.
    My car gets driven very few miles every year, and it sits for up to 10 months at a time without being driven. I'll start it once a month or so just to get the fluids moving and what not, but that's it. Well long story short, this past spring, I had the battery tested just for the hell of it to see where it was as, because I knew it was getting old and was just curious as to it's health. Mind you I had no reason to have it tested as I had never had any issue with my car firing, this was just out of curiosity. When the guy hooked it up, he was amazed at the "health" of the battery, as it read 100%. It was actually even putting out a few more cold cranking amps than it was rated at. That right there alone sold me on the tender for life. Amazing product, and after 4 years of being hooked up to a battery nonstop, the battery was as strong as it was on day one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    Just ordered mine....on sale 59.99
    Should have checked the site first. Lol.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    Should have checked the site first. Lol.
    No worries. It's a good deal especially since it's free shipping w/no min.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a unique problem with my two Battery Tenders, and as well a Battery Tender Plus I tried, and would up returning it.

The two I have, were bought about 12 years ago, and while they are not commonly found in the stores, Deltran appears to still make these, and at a cost of about $165. Mine were about $83-$85 when I bought them.

With these two I have, they are small, about 5"x7"x1", and have cooling fins on either side. One is designed for standard Lead Acid Batterys, and the other for Optima Spiral Gel Cell Batteries.

Well, the problem I have, is that I have a late model Viper 5701 2-way Alarm, and Remote Start on my truck.

The Battery Tender will trip the Alarm when hooked up. I don't think the chargers were working right either.

I contacted Deltran just yesterday to inform them about such issues, and got a reply this morning in fact.

The person who responded, told me they never heard of such a problem, or had such a problem before with their chargers, and that I should perhaps try coiling the extension cord, to see of that somehow helps by changing a line frequency?

Doubt if that will do it, but if I have to disconnect the Battery everytime I want to charge it, this seems to make the job of maintaining a battery a PITA. MArk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I've had a unique problem with my two Battery Tenders, and as well a Battery Tender Plus I tried, and would up returning it.

The two I have, were bought about 12 years ago, and while they are not commonly found in the stores, Deltran appears to still make these, and at a cost of about $165. Mine were about $83-$85 when I bought them.

With these two I have, they are small, about 5"x7"x1", and have cooling fins on either side. One is designed for standard Lead Acid Batterys, and the other for Optima Spiral Gel Cell Batteries.

Well, the problem I have, is that I have a late model Viper 5701 2-way Alarm, and Remote Start on my truck.

The Battery Tender will trip the Alarm when hooked up. I don't think the chargers were working right either.

I contacted Deltran just yesterday to inform them about such issues, and got a reply this morning in fact.

The person who responded, told me they never heard of such a problem, or had such a problem before with their chargers, and that I should perhaps try coiling the extension cord, to see of that somehow helps by changing a line frequency?

Doubt if that will do it, but if I have to disconnect the Battery everytime I want to charge it, this seems to make the job of maintaining a battery a PITA. MArk
    This may or may not help but I have found that if I connect directly across the battery Pos. to Pos. and Neg. to Neg. things get a little weird. If I go Pos. to Pos. and Neg. to the engine block all is fine.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using a Battery Tender on my 09' GSXR 600 since brand new. I attached the provided quick connect cable to the battery and ran it out the back to the tail section. Every time I park my bike (at home), I attach the quick connect the the battery tender. The bike might stay charging over night, a few days, or several months when I store it for the winter.

For anyone that has any type of vehicle that sits, whether it be a motorcycle, automobile, etc, a battery tender is arguably the single best purchase you can make.

Click through the pages of KJW Detailing and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KJW Detailing View Post
    I've been using a Battery Tender on my 09' GSXR 600 since brand new. I attached the provided quick connect cable to the battery and ran it out the back to the tail section. Every time I park my bike (at home), I attach the quick connect the the battery tender. The bike might stay charging over night, a few days, or several months when I store it for the winter.

For anyone that has any type of vehicle that sits, whether it be a motorcycle, automobile, etc, a battery tender is arguably the single best purchase you can make.
    I was thinking about doing something like that! Good idea. I'm thinking of buying the Waterproof Battery Tender because I park my bike outside and having a charge station setup so I can just pull in and plug in. Hmmmm....

Ray@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x245

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    This may or may not help but I have found that if I connect directly across the battery Pos. to Pos. and Neg. to Neg. things get a little weird. If I go Pos. to Pos. and Neg. to the engine block all is fine.

Dave

Thank you Dave for this advice. I will try this tomorrow, and see what results I get?

I did contact my local Viper Dealer today, the people who installed the Alarm, and gave them the code readings from the Valet Device-Remote Start Antenna on the Windshield.

I was getting two flashes, and then a pause,, over and over endlessly. Could have stood there all day watching the two flashes, then a pause.

He said this code was related to the Micro-Sensor that detects Bumps, or hits to the vehicle? Hmm, that sounds awful strange to me, but he said he would make a call to his factory techs tuesday, and get back to me ASAP.

In the meantime, I'll try your little tip, and it sure would be really sweet if your little tip cures this issue once and for all!

Everytime a seem to turn around, Batteries seem to skyrocket in price. And those Optimas, which is what I'm using aren't getting any cheaper either. Mark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast