autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By VIPTransport
  • 1 Post By ShineDoc
  • 1 Post By ducksfan
  • 1 Post By Mike Phillips

Thread: The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class is a Must!!!

  1. #1

    The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class is a Must!!!

    The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class is a Must!!!


    Calling all Fellow Boat Detailer's!

    I have not been on here in a while, but wanted to share my experience & Benefits of taking the Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class, in February of this year.

    First a little about me. I have been detailing for 13 years, and of that, the last 8 years specializing in Boats. Averaging 35-40 Boats a year, but was looking for a way to grow my business & increase production.

    Taking this class was a real game changer for me, especially in the wet sanding/ buffing and get coat correction part of the class. I was humbled after the class to say the least.

    All this time prior I had had been buffing out boats the wrong way, (only foam or only wool) no wet sanding. After seeing and experiencing the correct process in the class, I was more then ready to get home use the newly acquired skills from this class. Needless to say it has completely turned around how I detail a boat, I have tripled the amount of boats I was detailing a year (35-40 per year) to this year, I have completed 80 boats since march 1st,2016, and am well on my way to my goal of 100 Boats this year.

    The quality of my work has vastly improved and my customers have taken notice.

    I owe all of this to Mike Phillips, who after meeting him at SEMA, encouraged me to take the Class. WOW and thank you is all I can say!

    If you haven't taken the class yet, I would highly recommend it. Even if you are not detailing boats full time, TAKE THE CLASS, it is one of the Best Detailing Classes you will ever take.

    Best ,

    Parker Richards
    VIP TRANSPORTATION
    Loveland, Co

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Dallas, TX, U.S.
    Posts
    104

    Re: The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class is a Must!!!

    Thanks Parker. I have a feeling if I took Mikes detailing class for cars I would say the same thing. Thanks for the post.
    Mike Phillips likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    365

    Re: The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class is a Must!!!

    The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class is a Must!!!

    So is a boat.

    I'm trying.
    Mike Phillips likes this.

  4. #4

    Re: The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class is a Must!!!

    Hello,

    This is something that I would like to make happen. Since I live near Chicago I would have to fly in. Is there a airport nearby?

    Lou

  5. #5
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    36,317

    Re: The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class is a Must!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by waterman View Post

    Hello,

    This is something that I would like to make happen. Since I live near Chicago I would have to fly in. Is there a airport nearby?

    Lou

    Hi Lou,

    I include all kinds of information like airport and hotels for our car detailing class threads and I'll add this to the thread posted each year for the boat detailing classes.


    Here's the info....


    Airports

    West Palm Beach - Airport Code: PBI
    Approximately 30 minutes from Autogeek.net Corporate Offices <--Closest airport to Autogeek

    Orlando - Airport Code: MCO
    Approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes from Autogeek.net Corporate Offices



    More info for traveling to Autogeek here,

    Hotels, Airports and Attractions near Autogeek's Garage!





    Here's the thread for the 2017 Boat Detailing Class.

    Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday February 4th, 2017



    And of course, when I wrote the boat detailing book I wrote it to also be the course manual for the class. Just like our car detailing classes, the boat detailing classes is at least 90% out of your chair, intense hands-on ACTION. I know that people learn best by doing not by sitting in a chair listening to some instructor drone on and on and on....

    If you click this link I took pictures of "just" the index for the book, you'll see it's the most in-depth book ever written on the topic of boat detailing and I'm very proud to say the boat detailing class mimics the depth of the index.

    Paperback book - How To Detail Boats With Marine 31 by Mike Phillips



    Mike Phillips
    Host - Competition Ready on Velocity Channel
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member
    CD-SV, RT
    Competition Ready Facebook Page
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram

    Click on a book to get your own copy.



  6. #6
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    36,317

    Re: The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class is a Must!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by VIPTransport View Post
    Calling all Fellow Boat Detailer's!

    I have not been on here in a while, but wanted to share my experience & Benefits of taking the Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class, in February of this year.

    First a little about me. I have been detailing for 13 years, and of that, the last 8 years specializing in Boats. Averaging 35-40 Boats a year, but was looking for a way to grow my business & increase production.

    Taking this class was a real game changer for me, especially in the wet sanding/ buffing and get coat correction part of the class. I was humbled after the class to say the least.

    All this time prior I had had been buffing out boats the wrong way, (only foam or only wool) no wet sanding. After seeing and experiencing the correct process in the class, I was more then ready to get home use the newly acquired skills from this class. Needless to say it has completely turned around how I detail a boat, I have tripled the amount of boats I was detailing a year (35-40 per year) to this year, I have completed 80 boats since march 1st,2016, and am well on my way to my goal of 100 Boats this year.

    The quality of my work has vastly improved and my customers have taken notice.

    I owe all of this to Mike Phillips, who after meeting him at SEMA, encouraged me to take the Class. WOW and thank you is all I can say!

    If you haven't taken the class yet, I would highly recommend it. Even if you are not detailing boats full time, TAKE THE CLASS, it is one of the Best Detailing Classes you will ever take.

    Best ,

    Parker Richards
    VIP TRANSPORTATION
    Loveland, Co

    Wow!

    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Parker. I meet a lot of past students from our boat classes and our car detailing classes and the majority of time they have stories like yours that they can tell in person but they never share this with the written word on our forum for others to see and be inspired by.

    I appreciate very much you're taking the time to join the forum and create this thread. Anyone that's ever listened to my interview with Dennis Gage knows that I started my detailing career out detailing boats and then moved to cars, not the other way around. I owned a full race Sanger Drag Boat for 20 years and it always looked like a show car or a show boat when I took it out.


    Dennis Gage interviews Mike Phillips




    Parker, I've read your PM and I'm really glad you can make it to Mobile Tech Expo for our Marine Detailing Class via the IDA. I'll get back to you with some information.


    VIPTransport likes this.
    Mike Phillips
    Host - Competition Ready on Velocity Channel
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member
    CD-SV, RT
    Competition Ready Facebook Page
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram

    Click on a book to get your own copy.



  7. #7
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    36,317

    Re: The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class is a Must!!!

    Just to note...

    At this time we only teach this class once a year. It's usually in February after the Stuart Boat Show in in our hometown of Stuart.

    What usually happens AFTER the class is I start getting,

    • Phone calls
    • E-mails
    • Private Messages via the forum
    • Messages via Facebook



    and what I"m asked is,

    When is the next boat detailing class?

    and my answer is always the same,

    Next year.


    I've researched other boat detailing classes on the Internet and outside of a class taught somewhere in the Pacific Northwest there really isn't any other hands-on, sanding and buffing boat detailing class anywhere in the world.

    This class starts early in the morning and goes till about 5:30pm. It's VERY FAST PACED as we cover a LOT of topics and as such there's very little sitting time outside of lunch break.

    I always bring in HUGE boats in HORRIBLE condition so EVERYONE gets lots of hands-on training and real-world experience and everyone sees and learns what is required to take a boat most people would write-off and restore it to it's original glory.

    This class always fills up. If you want to attend it then clear your schedule and get signed up sooner than later. The price of this one day class is $450.00 This includes coffee and donuts in the morning and a pizza lunch. Each student that completes the class is also awarded a certificate of completion.



    You can sign up online here,

    Click here to register online




    Or call Andrea at

    1-800-869-3011 x244

    and he can help you to sign up over the phone.



    Hope to see you here on February 4th, 2017. Get a good night's sleep the night before... I know you'll sleep good the night after.


    Mike Phillips
    Host - Competition Ready on Velocity Channel
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member
    CD-SV, RT
    Competition Ready Facebook Page
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram

    Click on a book to get your own copy.



  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    106

    Re: The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class is a Must!!!

    I would love to fly out and go, but being under 25 it's impossible to rent a car


    Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale,Fl
    Posts
    393

    Re: The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class is a Must!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Coastalf350 View Post
    I would love to fly out and go, but being under 25 it's impossible to rent a car


    Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    There is an app for that.....Uber
    Where there is a will,there is a way!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-05-2017, 10:07 AM
  2. Pictures and comments: Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - February 6th, 2016
    By Mike Phillips in forum Marine 31 Boat Detailing Classes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-29-2016, 05:23 PM
  3. Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday February 6th, 2016
    By Nick@McKees37 in forum Marine 31 Boat Detailing Classes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-05-2016, 06:15 PM
  4. Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday, April 18th 2015
    By Nick@McKees37 in forum Marine 31 Boat Detailing Classes
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-21-2015, 10:24 AM
  5. Pictures & Comments: Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - May 2015
    By Mike Phillips in forum Pictures & comments from Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Classes with Mike Phillips
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2015, 07:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» April 2017

262728293031 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 123456