autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New guy from TN

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New guy from TN

I've lurked these forums for quite some time. I'm an auto tech, hobbyist, car lover, and perfectionist. I've taken the past several years off from cars and detailing while starting a family. I sold my show truck...an '03 S10 I had bagged, and bought an '09 Scion xB for the practicality. I have a new car on the way so I've been getting the xB ready to sell. I had let it go for far too long. Automatic brush washes, no hand wax/sealant for almost 3 years. I'm never letting a car get that bad again. It was terrible.

I've always wanted a Porter Cable 7424XP so I bought one so I could practice on my Scion...I knew I couldn't make it worse. I got some CG Hex Logic pads and a Autoscrub and sponge, and I went to town with some Meguiars Ultimate Compound and some old 3M Perfect-It swirl remover. I wasn't brave enough to use the Autoscrub on the PC so I just used the sponge. I was really impressed how easy it was. The decontamination process was so much easier than when I used to clay my S10. All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out considering what I had to work with. I had ordered some BFCS, but I topped it with some old Liquid Glass I had laying around because I felt like it would have been a waste.

Anyway, I ordered a 2016 Subaru WRX almost 2 months ago, and I only have about 2-3 weeks left.
    I've been researching and ordering stuff to polish and coat it. In the past I had used the aforementioned Liquid Glass, Meguiars NXT Tech Wax, and Zaino(can't remember which one since it was 10 years ago). I ordered the BFCS and the BFCCPC. I got the whole BFCCPC kit, and I figure I can use the Crystal Seal on all the non-painted surfaces.

I also ordered some WG Finishing Glaze, too. Was that a good choice for a new car? Is the WG Cockpit Sealant a good choice for leather? I really want to protect my seats, but I don't want them to be slick. I really don't want to slide around in the corners.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New guy from TN

I've not used the products you've mentioned, so I'm not much help there. However, I can say welcome from East TN!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO !!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Knoxville...we need an East Tn get together.
    You can use 303 on your interior...great finish and protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Clinton/Knoxville.

I used the 303 fabric guard on the micro suede I had in the S10. It was good stuff. I may have to give the protectant a shot.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.