autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

New Member From Brazil

Greetings AGO!

My name is Rafael, but you can call me Tato (actual nickname).

I'm brazilian, and been 'lurking' here for a while, until some hours ago. Fact is I love this forum (have read a great amount of topics), and I can feel the nice ambience provided here.

I had a though start some years ago, when I did not knew the difference between a Swirl and a Squirrel but loved to wash my own and family's car... lol!

During a travel, I've found a store which sells Meguiar's products (we can't find them at walmart here!).

The seller tried to convince me to pay $80 for a can of NXT Wax instead of $18 for a cheap can of wax. Interested in this $80 car Wax, I've ordered and used it at the same day. (I was not mistaken by him, it was the actual price of this product that time - today NXT goes for ~$60, UW for ~$85).

That was when all truly begin... You guys probably know how I've felt! Easy on, Easier off, and what a shine!

After that sensation I could not stop looking for knowledge regarding this art form... I wanted more, much more!

I've ordered all Meguiar's I could find that date (shampoo, clay kit, UC, UP, 105, 205, etc), applicators and microfiber towels.

Always, working by hand (really scared of machine polishing that time).

After some practice, I could achieve nice results by hand. As a physical therapist (main job), I knew how to use body and arms in my favor, and also treat that initial back/shoulder/everywhere pain associated when you begin to hand polishing!

I've found autogeek by chance. When I saw Mike Phillips, I could not believe what in the world I was missing.

That guy was so confident, and had so much passion in what he was doing and saying, I couldn't wait to order a DA Polisher - (is it cliche to cite Mike Phillips in introduction topics?).

While the machine didn't arrive, I've watched all Mike Phillips videos I could, and read all of the great input you guys make here.

The DA was (actually is) a Meguiar's G220V2. Sad to say, it costed $450 here, not talking about ~$30-$40 per polishing pad.

A Flex here costs a tad more than $1100, so I had to choose between a 'common' DA and lots of pads/plate instead of only a Top DA. With pads I would spend ~$1600...

The machine arrived with some LC pads (6.5' in that occasion and 4' for spots) - I already had the compound/polishes, and I had a REALLY hard time with the polisher in the first 15 minutes of use (Mike, you made it look so easy when doing the videos, how much I 'hated' you during that longest first 15 minutes!).

However, many hours later with the finished results, I was absolutely 'shocked'. Almost show car finish for my initial standards that time, first use. I like my G220V2 very much, although I'm really looking forward to get a Flex (yeah, you know...!). I'll grab one as soon as a friend travels to USA.

After my first use of DA, I've started immediately a 'weekend warrior career' Working all week waiting impatiently for weekend to grab my DA! When I sleep, I dream I'm detailing!

Recently I've ordered some really nice products at AG (BL Surface Coating/Polish, etc), and I'm planning to place a new order to use black friday's discount (if any!) to improve my 'PREPARATION' arsenal that will be topped with the coating. I'll start a coating business here as soon as I can.

I apologize for ending up in a huge writing (it was veryyy large, I've removed a lot of in between details), but I really would like to describe part of my point of view and how difficult it is for us to execute a 1st world job in a 3rd world context.

Finally, I end up asking for attention to my avatar. That's my 2 years old, doing (by herself, not induced) what 'daddy' likes most! I just couldn't believe when I arrived and saw her 'detailing' her car... had to grab a picture, and here it is. I'll use this picture for a while to transmit my passion and admiration for this job. Feel it by the purity of a child.

Again, thank you for everyone who end up with me here.

PS: I also would like to especially thank 2 people who personally encouraged me to register here, Andre and Kendra. Kendra is my order consulting, a very dedicated person who really helps me preparing my orders. Andre was the guy who kindly opened my eyes to detailing essentials and helped me choosing a really great set of products for my next order. He talked to me by phone for a long time, and that was a very nice talk! Thank you very much!

I'm planning to place reviews when I receive BL Surface Coating and related. I also do plan to learn a lot more, and help you with everything I can!

Kind Regards,

Count on me!
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to autogeek

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Member From Brazil

Hi Tato, welcome to AGO.

Very nice introduction thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Hola ! Welcome to AGO!
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Tato. Love the photo of your young detailing assistant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to AGO !!!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bem vindo. Welcome. You will find everything and more in here. Voce vai amar esse lugar. Cheio de informacao em termos de detailing.
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, thank you everyone for great comments, I feel welcome.

Hey smack, my parents lived in Germany for some years, we love your country/people. Nice to meet you.

cmichael258, kind words! You know, that's the most expensive detailing assistant one can get, but 'worth every cent'! lol In fact, that's what moves me on.

Francisco, nice portuguese writing, I suspect you are brazilian?

Again, thank you all, hope to start participating in topics and to prepare some reviews as soon as I can.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton