autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Too many hobbies...

Quote Originally Posted by c8n View Post
    Only thing that concerns me is that etching on your spoiler.
    Other than that, I would say 99% of what's in your pictures will come out.
    The one of the rear spoiler was a terrible picture... it's actually not etched. The car was freshly painted about 6 wks ago and I've been keeping it clean since. It's actually similar to what is shown on the hood... both spots appear (to me) like something [bug?] landed on the clear while it was still wet. If I'm right, I'm assuming it will be much more of a leveling process...

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I remember the days of Compuserve. I used it a little bit but found it way too expensive to spend much time there LOL

I was a BBS SYSOP on a local Commodore 64 BBS and then used one on the Amiga as well. In my teens I also ran a local Piracy club. Since modems were 300 bauds at the time, piracy was done in person in clubs Back in the C=64 days I had literally large plastic milk containers you know the type that can hold something like 16 half gallon milk containers... anyway I had about 5 of these filled to the top with 5.25" floppy disks full of commercial programs for the C=64 Ah these were the days I tell you

Regarding your D-TV story, I never heard of that before, that is crazy LOL I fully believe you people would do anything if you tell them. Have you heard about the Apple update that makes your phone waterproof? OMG people believed that and I don't know how many phones were ruined by owners dropping them in water to test it out... how stupid can people be? VERY!!!!
    Yep, CompuServe was the best of the best. The hacks were on AOL, (I still have a T-Shirt from them that reads, "AOL The more windows you open the cooler it gets." The real truth about CIS was if you had a computer problem you could find a forum, (most were sponsored by software and hardware vendors) and within MINUTES of posting you'd have an answer to your problem. A correct answer at that!

I was paid to Sysop on the Audio as well as Video & Home Theater forums. Got a whopping $15 a week and free CIS membership. Yippee!

The D-Tv guy that was in Canada was a retired F1 racer. They raided him and dragged him to court. They being the FCC, FBI, RCMP, DirecTV police (whoever that is) and whatever other local Canadian officials they could round up. When they took him to court for pirated D-TV cards (illegal) he provided a receipt where they sold them to him!!!!!!!!!

They had to not only give them back, but un-freeze his bank accounts as well as pay his attorney fees. And of course a public apology.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh! Mike Phillips was right! (Not the exact reason, but close enough!) Hosting your images in the gallery of the forum is the best way to go... I've been using ImageShack for image hosting for a long time and they've recently changed their TOS to become a paid service. Having said that I will no longer be using their site for hosting. I'm going through pictures that I have hosted there and trying to remember where I have them shared (e.g. various forum posts) and am trying to update those that I feel are relevant/important...

Post Thanks / Like

So much for that idea here...

I forgot that AGO has a timeout on the ability to go back and edit a post. Unfortunately, that means that I can't go back and update picture links

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wanting to build a movie server. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ABHernandez View Post
    I've been wanting to build a movie server. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks
    It really depends on what you want...

Are you JUST looking to have a movie server, or are you interested in it doing other things (e.g. PVR for TV recording)?

Additionally, where do you want to distribute the video, or do you just want it on a singular TV?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a need for TV recording. Just movies, TV shows, etc that I have ripped. Ideally Id like to have them on something like a cloud that can be accessed by all PC's around the house. Even tablets if it is possible.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a need for TV recording. Just movies, TV shows, etc that I have ripped. Ideally Id like to have them on something like a cloud that can be accessed by all PC's around the house. Even tablets if it is possible.

Thanks
    Windows Media Center can do this, and it has a pretty nice interface. Content can be streamed to other PCs, accessing the data on the main 'server'. Additionally, Xbox's can also be used to act as extenders as well.

Personally, I use SageTV. It's a discontinued product because Google bought them out a couple of years ago. However, with the requirements that I had, it was still better than anything else, so I went with it even after it was discontinued. The SageTV forums are still open and have great support there.

If you want to look at other alternatives check out the following:
    NextPVR
    MythTV
    MediaPortal
    Plex

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, MediaPortal looks nice. I currently use XBMC for this but I will check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, MediaPortal looks nice. I currently use XBMC for this but I will check it out.
    It seems that a lot of people are jumping to Plex.

The main reason that I went with SageTV was because of their hardware extenders, and their compact size.

Here is a picture I took when I first mounted my extender:

Here is another after we painted, and I re-hung the TV:

Note that the picture was taken from the same side of the TV as the extender, and you still can't see it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast