autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

hello from oklahoma

hello my name is daniel. i am 27 years old. i like in northeastern oklahoma. i work for a university. i service and detail the univesitys fleet service vehicles. after i turned 16 i was always found at the car wash. my dad bought me an a 93 model chevy pick up when i turned 16. it was an old farm truck and after he bout it he had it detailed. after seeing the before and after on that detail job i was always impressed on how a vehicle can look so bad and be brought back to that near perfect condition. i have now owned 5 vehicles and have taken very good care of all of them. right now i own a 2000 and a 2007 model chevy pick up. one is for hunting/fishing and then the newer one is for keeping perfect. it still looks like it did the day i drove it off the lot. and it has 116,000 miles on it. my friends make fun of me because i keep me hunting/fishing truck cleaner than their daily driver vehicles. after graduating with a four year degree i couldnt find a job in my major and my current boss begged me to come work for her because she knew me and knew the way i took care of my vehicles. i regulary take care of these 35 fleet service vehicles. its not really detailing, its more of maintaining a detail. the university wants the vehicles to look detailed every time a customer takes one out so i rarely get to do a "Full Detail" on them. its more of doing the little things daily to makes sure they are good to go. i was very reluctant to take the job at first because if wasnt a job withtin my major but i am sure glad i did. i now have an even deeper passion for detailing. i have put my time in and have decided to open my own detailing buisness. i will be fully mobile since my sart up costs will be smaller. i am very blessed and fortunate that God has blessed me and i dont owe a single penny to any one for anything. my vehicles were both paid in full when i bought them. i have no debt what so ever. i plan on my buisness starting out like this as well. i will save and buy my stuff when i have the money and then once i get it all bought i will start the buisness. i am about have way there and buying everything i need. i dont plan to quit my job at the university until i have enough regular clients that i am making what i am at the university. sorry for the long winded intro. just wanted you to know a little about me.

daniel

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from okc

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: hello from oklahoma

Welcome to AGO Daniel!

Post Thanks / Like

Another OK welcome, coming to you this time from Tulsa.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome lived in Edmond most of my life sure miss that city

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from Norman

Mike Phillips

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Great intro!

Here's a tip... when writing on a forum, since the text is displayed on a "monitor", try to break up huge chunks of text and this will make it easier for people to read what you write. In fact, more people will read what you write it you add some "white space" in-between sentences. Otherwise it's too hard for your eyes to track between lines so a lot of people will just click awway...

Just a friendly tip from a guy that types a lot of stuff to be read on the Internet...

Mike Phillips

Like this...

Quote Originally Posted by danieledwards12 View Post
    hello my name is daniel. i am 27 years old. i like in northeastern oklahoma. i work for a university.

i service and detail the univesitys fleet service vehicles. after i turned 16 i was always found at the car wash. my dad bought me an a 93 model chevy pick up when i turned 16. it was an old farm truck and after he bout it he had it detailed. after seeing the before and after on that detail job i was always impressed on how a vehicle can look so bad and be brought back to that near perfect condition.

i have now owned 5 vehicles and have taken very good care of all of them. right now i own a 2000 and a 2007 model chevy pick up. one is for hunting/fishing and then the newer one is for keeping perfect. it still looks like it did the day i drove it off the lot. and it has 116,000 miles on it. my friends make fun of me because i keep me hunting/fishing truck cleaner than their daily driver vehicles.

after graduating with a four year degree i couldnt find a job in my major and my current boss begged me to come work for her because she knew me and knew the way i took care of my vehicles. i regulary take care of these 35 fleet service vehicles. its not really detailing, its more of maintaining a detail. the university wants the vehicles to look detailed every time a customer takes one out so i rarely get to do a "Full Detail" on them. its more of doing the little things daily to makes sure they are good to go.

i was very reluctant to take the job at first because if wasnt a job withtin my major but i am sure glad i did. i now have an even deeper passion for detailing. i have put my time in and have decided to open my own detailing buisness. i will be fully mobile since my sart up costs will be smaller.

i am very blessed and fortunate that God has blessed me and i dont owe a single penny to any one for anything. my vehicles were both paid in full when i bought them. i have no debt what so ever. i plan on my buisness starting out like this as well. i will save and buy my stuff when i have the money and then once i get it all bought i will start the buisness. i am about have way there and buying everything i need.

i dont plan to quit my job at the university until i have enough regular clients that i am making what i am at the university.

sorry for the long winded intro. just wanted you to know a little about me.

daniel

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome .

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an interesting job.
    Justin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast