autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRex View Post
    Different foam and designed for the flex. Personally l love the beveled edges.

Im not sure if there is an actual advantage to using them over hydros. With the pc the 6.5" pads may be hard to use and the 5" use a 4" plate forcing you to use a 3.5" for the pc. So with a pc and a 5" plate the advantage goes to the hydros.

All in all lake country makes some good stuff and you woln't be disapointed even with standard flat pads. The other advantage of hydros is there are only 3 colors so it is a bit of a time saver.

This is a hobby for me so I have way more than I need to care for my cars. I bought the hybrids originally because I liked the edges and how the pad angled away from the backing plate. My backing plate " ate" a couple of ccs pads but you wolnt have that issue with hydros, or regular flat pads.

Sorry for the long post
    Thanks for the response....I'll def go with the 5.5" hydro pads and a 5" backing plate. What about the swirl correction? Wolfgang total swirl removal 3.0 followed by the finishing glaze or Meguiars m205 and m105 followed by the finishing glaze?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to detailing with a few questions!

I agree with Tim . The hydros are amazing. One thing... For your aggressive pads I would prefer the hybrid orange pad over the hydro cyan pad. Double check the size of pads though. Not sure which size the hybrids come in these days.

Just starting out I might recommend the WG TSR. Incredible product!
    The M105 cuts faster than nobody's business but some people don't find it as user friendly. It is the tip of the top for a straight cutting compound though...
    WG Finish glaze isn't a favorite for me but it's fine, just my preference. I like Menz 85RD for finishing.

If you get 105 then get 205 also. 205 is very user friendly by anyone's standards.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRex View Post
    Different foam and designed for the flex. Personally l love the beveled edges.

Im not sure if there is an actual advantage to using them over hydros. With the pc the 6.5" pads may be hard to use and the 5" use a 4" plate forcing you to use a 3.5" for the pc. So with a pc and a 5" plate the advantage goes to the hydros.

All in all lake country makes some good stuff and you woln't be disapointed even with standard flat pads. The other advantage of hydros is there are only 3 colors so it is a bit of a time saver.

This is a hobby for me so I have way more than I need to care for my cars. I bought the hybrids originally because I liked the edges and how the pad angled away from the backing plate. My backing plate " ate" a couple of ccs pads but you wolnt have that issue with hydros, or regular flat pads.

Sorry for the long post
    I love the bevels also!! As you know!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a post of a new guy using the WG twins with Ht pads on very damaged paint.
    Newbie With Amazing Results On 2002 Duramax (Black) !
    You can call AG and swap the 6.5" pads out for 5.5" ht pads in the WG kit.
    I to this day reach for the WG combo for my go to polishes. They give awesome results and are user friendly. That's not saying I don't try new things or look for products I would like more. I currently have the Optimum Hyper spray polish and Optimum GPS AIO in route to try I'd have them except the train derailed and had to re order. thanks to Penny they are on a plane this time and should be here Friday!

Anyway I Recomend the WG twins and HT pads, I think you would be very happy just like Keith above.
    I also do not like the CCs pads but that's a personal choice.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    Here is a post of a new guy using the WG twins with Ht pads on very damaged paint.
    Newbie With Amazing Results On 2002 Duramax (Black) !
    You can call AG and swap the 6.5" pads out for 5.5" ht pads in the WG kit.
    I to this day reach for the WG combo for my go to polishes. They give awesome results and are user friendly. That's not saying I don't try new things or look for products I would like more. I currently have the Optimum Hyper spray polish and Optimum GPS AIO in route to try I'd have them except the train derailed and had to re order. thanks to Penny they are on a plane this time and should be here Friday!

Anyway I Recomend the WG twins and HT pads, I think you would be very happy just like Keith above.
    I also do not like the CCs pads but that's a personal choice.
    Sweet! thanks for the input....I'll call tomorrow and ask to switch the 6.5 ccs pads included in the kit for the 5.5 hydrotech pads ....anything else I should pick up while on the phone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockdude View Post
    Sweet! thanks for the input....I'll call tomorrow and ask to switch the 6.5 ccs pads included in the kit for the 5.5 hydrotech pads ....anything else I should pick up while on the phone?
    More pads, you will need a minimum of 3 cyan and 3 Tangerine more. Some good Microfibers (more than the two in the kit), clay and clay lube, and you will be off to a great start. There are thousands of good products that you will itch to try, it's an addiction!
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    More pads, you will need a minimum of 3 cyan and 3 Tangerine more. Some good Microfibers (more than the two in the kit), clay and clay lube, and you will be off to a great start. There are thousands of good products that you will itch to try, it's an addiction!
    So a total of 4 cyan and 4 tangerine? Can I get away with one crimson for sealant application?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockdude View Post
    So a total of 4 cyan and 4 tangerine? Can I get away with one crimson for sealant application?
    Yes but don't plan on cleaning it. Sealants are very hard to clean out of pads, I just LABLE them and put them in a zip lock. I have a grit guard pad cleaner and it's still very difficult.

You might also consider these flat pads, they are my second choice and are very reasonably priced.
    Lake Country 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Beveled Edge Pads 6 Pack, foam pad kit, build a kit, buffing pads, curved edge pads

Newport, Oregon USA!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes but don't plan on cleaning it. Sealants are very hard to clean out of pads, I just LABLE them and put them in a zip lock. I have a grit guard pad cleaner and it's still very difficult.

You might also consider these flat pads, they are my second choice and are very reasonably priced.
    Lake Country 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Beveled Edge Pads 6 Pack, foam pad kit, build a kit, buffing pads, curved edge pads
    Sounds good...I'll call tomorrow and order everything. Thanks for the help guys!

Post Thanks / Like

i used to be a megs guy, but love wolfgang now. i still have to try some DG stuff, and ive dabbled with Menzerna, and Klasse, but find i still want to go back to WG.
    I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast