autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello From DC!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello From DC!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Do you wear a ring?
    Nope, no ring. I wonder if there could have been a tiny bit of grit in the microfiber cloth that either I (or the guys at the car wash) used.

Barry

Post Thanks / Like

I am down to meet up...i have a 98 cobra that i use for my test my products. I am in the Fairfax area....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PerezDetailing View Post
    I am down to meet up...i have a 98 cobra that i use for my test my products.
    Welcome to the forum!!!
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DCStyle View Post
    Welcome, I am in DC as well, which part.
    Hey DCStyle,

I'm in Glover Park. I've been here for a while now and I like the neighborhood. How about you?

Barry

Post Thanks / Like

You are just down Wisconsin from me, I have a few shops in DC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaltJabsco View Post
    Nope, no ring. I wonder if there could have been a tiny bit of grit in the microfiber cloth that either I (or the guys at the car wash) used.

Barry
    Well, there goes my theory...

A lot of times ppl that wear rings, nick/scratch their doorposts when exiting the vehicle

I'm afraid I'm going to need to see some before I can give you further instruction
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

They're probably too hard too see and not enough to worry about. I tried taking a photo yesterday but the scratches on the door panel do not show up. I took this one at max resolution with my iPhone. I really think that in order to show this in a photo I'd have to use macro mode on my camera.

This image is at full resolution - here's a link:

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/.../sunsubaru.jpg

I'll see if I get another photo. Thanks for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Stopping by again. I haven't been able to drive for just about a year now. I underwent surgery on my pelvis for a malignant tumor. As a result I'll need hand controls for my car. I'm going in for my driving test this Wednesday. My instructor is really nice. She set up the driving program at Walter Reed and has since retired from the military. She now has her own adaptive/driver rehab driving school which has received lots of media attention. She's helped a lot of veterans get their independence back. I'm not a veteran but I am disabled and getting back on the road is such a great feeling.

Sold my older Subaru to my sister so after I pass I'm going to buy a new Subaru Forester Touring XT either white or blue. Haven't made up my mind.

I'm treating myself and plan on taking it to a well-known local detailer (here too, I think) for either an Opticoat Pro or Opticoat Pro Plus treatment. The Subaru blue would look great with this coating. The detailer has been in business for a while and have been doing this longer than anyone else in the area. I'm going to ask them about basic exterior maintenance. I guess it should be minimal with the coating though. I live in a condo and won't have access to a hose or buckets all that often - at least I don't think I will. So I will probably go the waterless wash route, I guess. Opti Clean and then a quick detailer of some sort might be best.

I'm looking forward to participating again.

Edit: I just realized I could buy a 4-gallon battery powered sprayer. That would probably work well with a no-rinse wash if I have trouble lugging my buckets around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.