autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Addicted in FL

Post Thanks / Like

Addicted in FL

Name: Dale
    Car: BMW 325i 2001

Wow, that's the first time I've seen the #40 next to my name, eww. I work in the education field and coach football - what that means is I don't have unlimited cash flow to toss into this new hobby. Wife is about ready to kick my ass from the damage done in the early going already.

I'm in sunny florida, which sounds nice, but I'm finding that between the hard water and extreme heat, I'm not exactly in the most hospitable detailing environment. A garage declutter will be taking place this afternoon to ensure at least a shady work place for the future.

Found a 2001 BMW over the summer with a nice price tag and that's basically what tossed me into the detailing world. The car wasn't cared for very well, so the "project" light went off as soon as I saw it. My first DIY was a headlight restoration. They were BAD, nearly opaque with oxidation. Results were amazing, and I was sold on doing everything else improvement/detail wise myself. Interior/Exterior, you name it, it needs work. This weekend will be my first jump into the machine buffing world to correct the paint, I'm excited and scared at the same time.

Rim refinishing and Leather restoration/dyeing are next on the list.

I've learned a lot by reading and viewing over the past few weeks, can't wait to soak up more.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Addicted in FL

Welcome from Memphis
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, from another Floridian,

I am new here too, just a few weeks and you will find this site the best place to learn from the top pro-detailers.

Congrats on the DIY project.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

If your wife isn't happy now .... Wait for the really big sales ....... There is more than one reason to declutter the garage you know? You might make a place for a cot in the corner!
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Dale! If you are in my area and ever need any help just let me know (assuming I am capable of helping that is) I'm in the Deltona area.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Dale form the South Florida area !!! Who needs a wife anyway now that you have your "baby" to work on ? Cot in the corner of the garage is probably the future but so what !!!!
    What do you mean? All of these car care products are old honey, I have had them for a long time. Don't you remember me having them?

Mike Phillips

Hi Dale,

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Sounds like you've found your new hobby...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post

If your wife isn't happy now .... Wait for the really big sales ....... There is more than one reason to declutter the garage you know? You might make a place for a cot in the corner!
    Hah, good stuff, might be more truth than fiction. She has already named the car for me, and frequently refers to her as the other woman. I saw a portable A/C unit in someone's garage video, may be something I should look into.

Thanks for the offer Cee. I think you're probably 30-40 minutes up the road from me. I'm in the UCF area. Could have used you a week ago. Really wanted to do a little apprentice observation on a rotary before diving in, but oh well tomorrow is the day. I'm sure I'll have more questions as we go though.