autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Roll Call - What's your real first name?

Hi! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jerry, and I live in Decatur, Georgia.

I come to this forum with an interest in detailing. I have a 2002 Thunderbird, a 2000 Mustang GT Convertible and a 2008 Mercedes Benz CLK550 Cabriolet. I love keeping my cars crisp and looking their best. My Thunderbird and Mercedes are only driven occassionally. My Mustang is my daily driver.

Within the past two months I bought a Cyclo Orbital Polisher, after seeing Mike Phillips' demonstration on TWO GUYS GARAGE. I have really been pleased with my purchase and want to learn more about using my machine together with tips on which products work best.

It is my hope that through this forum I can continue to learn more about detailing, and I assure you that your help will be deeply appreciated.

Mike Phillips

Re: New Guy on the forum after watching Two Guys Garage!

Welcome Jerry!

I copied your intro post over from the Roll Call - What's your real first name? thread just so that you would have a dedicated intro thread so our other forum members can properly welcome you...

Also, just wanted to say thanks for coming to Autogeek after watching our how-to segment on Two Guys Garage, that's pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Jerry and get ready for your head to start spinning with all the information here.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to have you join us!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Roll Call - What's your real first name?

Quote Originally Posted by eboose7 View Post
    Hi! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jerry, and I live in Decatur, Georgia.

I come to this forum with an interest in detailing. I have a 2002 Thunderbird, a 2000 Mustang GT Convertible and a 2008 Mercedes Benz CLK550 Cabriolet. I love keeping my cars crisp and looking their best. My Thunderbird and Mercedes are only driven occassionally. My Mustang is my daily driver.

Within the past two months I bought a Cyclo Orbital Polisher, after seeing Mike Phillips' demonstration on TWO GUYS GARAGE. I have really been pleased with my purchase and want to learn more about using my machine together with tips on which products work best.

It is my hope that through this forum I can continue to learn more about detailing, and I assure you that your help will be deeply appreciated.
    Hey, this is awesome....glad to have you aboard
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site Jerry.

I too started out with a Cyclo polisher. It is an incredibly well built machine with lots of power. there is no real need for special techniques to keep the pads rotating, in fact they are very hard to stop from rotating so it is a very capable machine that is seemingly not used much by the members here and other forums.

Having gotten into detailing for money to start with I have upgraded to a rotary polisher and a Flex 3401 and have outfitted my Cyclo with carpet brushes. It gets carpets scrubbed clean in a flash and works very well for digging into the dirt filled lines of rubber floor mats.

From time to time I outfit my Cyclo with two Lake country 3 3/4" backing plates and break out the 4" pads and take the Cyclo for a spin on the paint of my own car.

Does your Cyclo have the newer style (thin blue) pad holders or the old style (bulky black rubber) pad holders?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Welcome to the site Jerry.

I too started out with a Cyclo polisher. It is an incredibly well built machine with lots of power. there is no real need for special techniques to keep the pads rotating, in fact they are very hard to stop from rotating so it is a very capable machine that is seemingly not used much by the members here and other forums.

Having gotten into detailing for money to start with I have upgraded to a rotary polisher and a Flex 3401 and have outfitted my Cyclo with carpet brushes. It gets carpets scrubbed clean in a flash and works very well for digging into the dirt filled lines of rubber floor mats.

From time to time I outfit my Cyclo with two Lake country 3 3/4" backing plates and break out the 4" pads and take the Cyclo for a spin on the paint of my own car.

Does your Cyclo have the newer style (thin blue) pad holders or the old style (bulky black rubber) pad holders?
    The Cyclo King Speaks ^
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. It was nice of you to take the time to send it. This forum contains exactly what I need to keep my cars looking good for years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.