autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello from long island

My name is Scott and I live in Kings Park. I have enjoyed this forum for some time and finally got around to joining. Lot's of great people here with incredible knowledge. I hope to add to this knowledge base once I complete the detailing of my 2009 Dodge Viper vert (GTS Blue w/white stripes) that I had delivered back in March. This is my official mid-life crisis car and I want to achieve "visual Nirvana" on the paint. Currently, I am going the Black Fire Wet Diamond with a BF Midnight Sun carnauba topper route using my new Griot's random orbital. Never thought that I would catch the detailing bug so bad!! Happy Summer to all!!

Mike Phillips

Re: Hello from long island

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

You'll find lots of really nice people on this forum always willing to help with answering questions and providing links to various resources for whatever you detailing project might be.

Have you ever used a DA polisher before?

I've buffed out a few Vipers in my life and taught classes for all the SoCal Viper Clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

to AGO Scott,

LesPaul "lefty" here...I hope you enjoy the forum and make many new online friends. The people here are really great!!
    My name is Jeff and I like to make things SHINE!!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike. Thanks for the welcome! I have never used a DA polisher before (until last night that is). I had purchased the Griots unit around a year ago for my son to do a paint correction on his 2006 Black Mazda 6. Until I bought the Viper I had not looked at paint detailing in such "detail". I am on the VCA boards and have been talking with a fellow who's moniker is The Junkman (A. J.). He seems to be the resident detailing guru on the east coast and is very good and extremely helpful. I am looking forward to picking your brain regarding detailing because you don’t seem to have a bias toward a specific manufacturers product line. I am learning the importance of paint preparation and its impact on product application and ultimate result. My wife thinks I’m nuts – as she says’: “Why are you doing all of this? The finish looks great as it is!”. I think she will better understand once this detail is done!! Again, I look forward to chatting with you down the road!!

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to AGO. i live in Farmingdale, LI. i do business in Deer park. good to see fellow Long islanders on the site. if you need anything send me a PM. GL with detailing your Viper

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Hello from long island

Hi Jeff -

Thanks for the welcome! I take it your'e a left-handed guitar player? Looking forward to this forum for sure.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by cutter View Post
    to AGO Scott,

LesPaul "lefty" here...I hope you enjoy the forum and make many new online friends. The people here are really great!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Memphis
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”