autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hey people!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hey people!

Welcome to AGO. You're van is coming along nicely. Did you paint the roof too?

I would steer clear of the Husky brand air compressors. I have had bad experience using them because they use an aluminum tube between the compressor pump and tank that will break over and over. The fix for the pipe was soft copper tubing from a local plumbing store. I finally got that problem addressed and the oil less pump flew apart. At the time Campbell Hausfield was making their compressors. This of course could have changed by now.

I suggest looking on Craigslist for a used Ingersol Rand unit or an Emglo. If you rarely use your compressor cheap should do but if you rely on it daily I suggest to pony up for an industrial grade unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Really look good. Did you do that youself? How much would something like that cost, looks expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    Really look good. Did you do that youself? How much would something like that cost, looks expensive.
    I definitely didn't do it all myself. Fortunately for me, a friend of mine is a body guy. I paid $1500 for the paint, rocker panels, back door replacement, and the catalytic converter. Not too bad for everything that got done. The roof was painted as well. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Welcome to AGO. You're van is coming along nicely. Did you paint the roof too?

I would steer clear of the Husky brand air compressors. I have had bad experience using them because they use an aluminum tube between the compressor pump and tank that will break over and over. The fix for the pipe was soft copper tubing from a local plumbing store. I finally got that problem addressed and the oil less pump flew apart. At the time Campbell Hausfield was making their compressors. This of course could have changed by now.

I suggest looking on Craigslist for a used Ingersol Rand unit or an Emglo. If you rarely use your compressor cheap should do but if you rely on it daily I suggest to pony up for an industrial grade unit.
    Awesome, I will check out those brands. You have an experience with the Craftsman models?? And yes, I did paint the roof as well. I almost didn't have him paint the roof. I was just gonna spray paint the visible parts of it. But, we had gray left over...so glad I did! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    You have an experience with the Craftsman models?
    Sears goes with the lowest bidder for their tools so you never know who is manufacturing their compressors.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see any pictures. Do I need to get on a computer to see em
    ?

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk

Mike Phillips

I will make sure I space everything out next time.
    It just helps to get people to read your text... no big deal... lots of times when I see huge blocks of text I'll edit it real quick on the fly and break it up a little...

I actually didn't realize how much I wrote.
    In the words of Flo, the Progressive Insurance Personality...

Happens to me all the time...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticAutoDetai View Post
    I don't see any pictures. Do I need to get on a computer to see em
    ?

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk
    Yeah, sorry...I haven't uploaded to photobucket or anything yet. So I couldn't post them to the forum. I just created an album. I'll try and get them up on photobucket later.

Mike Phillips

Yeah, sorry...I haven't uploaded to photobucket or anything yet. So I couldn't post them to the forum. I just created an album. I'll try and get them up on photobucket later.
    Please try to keep the width around 800 pixels wide, that way everyone can see the entire picture without having to horizontal scroll. I don't use Photobucket as I own my own vBulletin forum and PhotoPost Gallery, so I resize everything to 800 pixels before uploading. I'm pretty sure Photobucket has options for picture size when using your photos on the "Internet"

This is 800 pixels wide, this was my Mobile Detail Van, and Route Truck, and Daily Driver and Street Rod...

1966 Milk Truck

And yes, that is a "real" A.C. Cobra in the picture, not a "replica"

:d

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Please try to keep the width around 800 pixels wide, that way everyone can see the entire picture without having to horizontal scroll. I don't use Photobucket as I own my own vBulletin forum and PhotoPost Gallery, so I resize everything to 800 pixels before uploading. I'm pretty sure Photobucket has options for picture size when using your photos on the "Internet"

This is 800 pixels wide, this was my Mobile Detail Van, and Route Truck, and Daily Driver and Street Rod...

1966 Milk Truck

And yes, that is a "real" A.C. Cobra in the picture, not a "replica"

:d
    I like it! That's two unique vehicles ya got there, ha. I love the bad ass detailing truck. Nicely done! I will be sure to resize my photos. The good thing is...I'll just be taking them from my facebook page. So, I think they're already resized.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast