autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi from Minesoooota :)

Hello all. Great to be part of this group and looking forward to learning all there is in this crazy thing called detailing. I’m not sure I can contribute much; I am a student of this craft so to speak.

However, I am the type that has always maintained my vehicles, especially the cleaning aspect. My vehicles always shined and where dressed etc.. Although not until very recently have I really understood what a “full detail” is really about. It completely changed my way of thinking and put it into perspective. I have the utmost respect for the level of knowledge and skill that some of these “make-overs” I have been reading about. Very inspiring.

I recently purchased a brand new 2010 Mazda3 hatch in crystal white pearl mica, it’s really a beautiful color. First new vehicle in a very long time and I intend to keep it flawless. I assume the people on this board are not the typical types that just run their vehicles through the car wash (obviously). A little obsessed shall I say (in a good way) or car crazy – that being said I’ll fit right in

I’m 41 and an Application Engineer, background in mechanical/design/engineering. I live in St Paul MN.

I have a bunch of questions for my new vehicle, so I guess I better get busy posting.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi from Minesoooota :)

Hi..welcome to the gang. You definately have come to the right place. Everyone here is very knowledgable and more than happy to offer their advice and suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, i'm from Minnesota too. Over in Plymouth. Nice ride, stick or auto?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fancyfootwork View Post
    Hey, i'm from Minnesota too. Over in Plymouth. Nice ride, stick or auto?
    Hi - its an Auto w/ the triptronic type of shifter (probably very common nowadays). Its a blast to drive. Nice to hear from ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Hi from Minesoooota :)

Welcome from another Minnesotan.

Randy
    Zimmerman, MN

(In before Rasky)

Post Thanks / Like

to AGO!

I was born in St. Paul. Always nice to go back there and see my relatives. Don't necessarily enjoy the 20+ hour drive, but love the farms and beautiful scenery (and of course, the lakes ).
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Aboard!

41 years old, your still a pup!

Detailing is one of those passions in life that age hold no boundary. The quest for shine and perfection is a life long journey and you've come to the right place!

Just for the record, I'm 57 and have been an automotive enthusiast for over 40 years....About the time you were born!..... now I do feel old....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Mike Phillips

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Love that White Pearl Mica paint... I painted a car pearl white one time, wanted it to look like the paint on your car... didn't have the flake though... still looked cool...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hello there welcome, i'm also from MN ,brooklyn center i'm in the same boat as u going to start polishing my mazda 3

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! And, welcome to the club!

You're, kinda, in my neck of the woods, too. A little farther now, though. I used to live in Eau Claire, WI, but I just recently moved to Rice Lake w/ the gf. Used to visit the cities quite frequently. hmmm......I should do that again soon.....

Happy detailing
    Allen M. Kwiatkowski - Discern Auto Salon
    Your Automotive Appearance Concierge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.