autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New guy here

Post Thanks / Like

New guy here

I didnt even see this sections until a couple days after I joined and posted my first thread. I just wanted to say hi. Im Justin, im 23 and just graduated from UCF and moved back to my home town of Bradenton, FL. Im excited I can finally start taking care of my truck again. I was working a full-time job on top of taking 21 credit hours of school each semester, so I didnt have time to take as good care of my truck as I should have. Im trying to learn as much as I can from you guys, and take my car care abilities to a much higher level.

P.S. sorry if I end up starting threads asking stupid questions, Im extremely new to the detailing scene.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New guy here

2014 Subaru Legacy
    2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone here still remembers their dumb question days. No apology necessary, ask away ... after you search of course.

Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Bradenton...S10 warehouse is over there. So if you need some salvaged S10 parts, he has them.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Phillips

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

There's no such thing as a dumb questions, only an un-asked questions. We all started out knowing nothing and learned by trial and error and asking question.

Just to note, it's usually best to "Introduce Yourself" in an Introduction forum group to let everyone know you've officially crossed over from Lurker to Active Member. Maybe tell us little bit about yourself, where you live, what you drive or what projects you're working on etc.

Then if you have product or process questions, look through the different forum group categories and try to pick one that the topic matches your questions and then start a dedicated thread for your specific questions

Clicking the below link will take you to the list of different categories or groups of forums identified by their title.

Autogeek Online Forum Topical Groups

Or you can simply post your questions is the Detailing 101 forum which is a catch-all forum for any kind of question.

Auto Detailing 101

If everyone who joins posts their questions to the "Introduce Yourself" forum group then we could get rid of all the other groups and just have one group called,

Introductions and Everything Else.

This is in no way intended to be hard any of our new members, I'm just sharing how a discussion forum works. Autogeek is in this for the long run and it helps to have some kind of order or method to the madness as it relates to keeping this forum organized.

So introduce yourself in this forum and post your questions to either Detailing 101 or one of the topic specific forum groups.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

And we ALL had to start somewhere...so don't feel bad about asking questions!! Everyone will benefit from your questions. I know I will! I'm still a newbie too!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my projects are my 2001 blazer extreme. It's my daily driver, so I havent done too much, just stereo upgrade, and new wheels. Im into building trucks and have an 89 1500 fullsize that is currently bagged upfront, and going to be going back down for bagging the rear and a bodydrop.

Im still very new to detailing (I've always tried to take good care of my car, but only went so far as washing and waxing), so I am trying to build my knowledge and skills.

Thank you all for the welcome, and I hope I can become a contributing member.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome New Guy .... Ok, 01xtreme.

I had a '93 1500 ex. cab that I also had leveled out, shaved and added the billet front & rear pieces. I've kinda gone into the car scene more than anything these days, but still have a soft spot for a tricked short bed.
    Shade Tree Auto Detailing
    Austin, Texas & surrounding areas

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard. There are a lot of great people here to learn from. Ask a lot of questions, and read a lot of the threads and you will learn a lot.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.