autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from the Bay Area

I'm an Autogeek forum newbie and thought I'd introduce myself and ask a few questions. I'm an auto hobbyist with enough of an OCD streak that taking steps to achieve high quality finishes on my car compels me to join in this fray.
    I have tried for years to improve the quality of my car paint maintenance work but feel like I perpetually get sub-standard results despite a lot of hard work.
    I currently use a Griot's polisher along with their line of polishes, and now are trying a few of the Sonus products as well.
    I'm looking for advice about how to create excellent but practical (i.e. somewhat long-lived) results on my Porsche (997), Prius, Lexus and (my beloved) Ford GT.
    Right now, I'm thinking of taking out my 20 year old Makita rotary tool, and seeing if it's something I can master. Given the risks, I'd start out on my sons rather ancient VW Jetta. So any advice about what would be approrpiate pads and polishes for starting out would be welcomed (I don't have anything for the Makita except sanding disks).
    Thanks,
    Verde

Mike Phillips

Re: Greetings from the Bay Area

Hi Verde,

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

You're going to like this place as there are so many people that can and will answer your questions to help you get the results you want for that collection of cars you have!

Just to note, it's usually best to "Introduce Yourself" in an Introduction forum group to let everyone know you've officially crossed over from Lurker to Active Member. Maybe tell us little bit about yourself, where you live, what you drive or what projects you're working on etc.

Then if you have product or process questions, look through the different forum group categories and try to pick one that the topic matches your questions and then start a dedicated thread for your specific questions

Clicking the below link will take you to the list of different categories or groups of forums identified by their title.

Autogeek Online Forum Topical Groups

Or you can simply post your questions is the Detailing 101 forum which is a Catch-All for any kind of question.

Auto Detailing 101

If everyone posts their questions to the "Introduce Yourself" forum group then we could get rid of all the other groups and just have one group called,

Introductions and Everything Else

This is in no way intended to be hard any of our new members, I'm just sharing how a discussion forum works. Autogeek is in this for the long run and it helps to have some kind of order or method to the madness as it relates to keeping this forum organized.

So when you're ready, post away and we'll do our best to see your through to success!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from another Bay Area dweller.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Hi Verde,

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

You're going to like this place as there are so many people that can and will answer your questions to help you get the results you want for that collection of cars you have!

Just to note, it's usually best to "Introduce Yourself" in an Introduction forum group to let everyone know you've officially crossed over from Lurker to Active Member. Maybe tell us little bit about yourself, where you live, what you drive or what projects you're working on etc.

Then if you have product or process questions, look through the different forum group categories and try to pick one that the topic matches your questions and then start a dedicated thread for your specific questions

Clicking the below link will take you to the list of different categories or groups of forums identified by their title.

Autogeek Online Forum Topical Groups

Or you can simply post your questions is the Detailing 101 forum which is a Catch-All for any kind of question.

Auto Detailing 101

If everyone posts their questions to the "Introduce Yourself" forum group then we could get rid of all the other groups and just have one group called,

Introductions and Everything Else

This is in no way intended to be hard any of our new members, I'm just sharing how a discussion forum works. Autogeek is in this for the long run and it helps to have some kind of order or method to the madness as it relates to keeping this forum organized.

So when you're ready, post away and we'll do our best to see your through to success!

Post Thanks / Like

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!