autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Canadian who would like to order from AUTOGEEK

eShine is the Canadian on-line company I have a Shopping Cart List built.

In Canadian Dollars, the total is around $500.00

Granted that eShine and AUTOGEEK do not carry all the exact same things... but they are very close... which is making me think long and hard about who I want to give my money to.
    Dean
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

2003 GMC Sierra Denali
    Onyx Black/Pewter Leather
    w/AWD & QuadraSteer.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD
    Aspen Pearl/Black Leather
    w/AWD & Journey Pkg.

Post Thanks / Like

I think as with anything we purchase in life, we must measure the ability to receive the product and the end cost with all factors included. Autogeek has always shown proper client services and thats a plus.

Maybe calling Meghan and seeing if any other shipping options exist will help as the original poster sounds like he "really" wants to shop AG.

Post Thanks / Like

There is also car care smart dot com for Canadians, although I have no idea if there pricing is competitive with US options.

I know they sell some things cheaper than they do in the US.

Post Thanks / Like

Dean,

Let us (and every other Canadian who's wondering) know what your final decision is/was and how it worked out for you.

For the record, there is no right or wrong answer to the original question but rather it's always a matter of being informed about all the issues. There are times when it only makes good sense to order from a US dealer and yet at other times it's clear that ordering within Canada is the better way to go, even if the price is the same.

Me, I like to spread my $$ around..... I'll always order from places I like and or trust..... Autogeek seems like a pretty trustworthy outfit and I would not hesitate to order from them even though I've not yet done so....... yet. The fact that they will ship products that I cannot purchase in Canada, directly to my door weighs quite heavily in their favor, and I can smell an order coming sooner rather than later!

Regards,

Kaptain "Where the **** did put my visa card?!?!?" Zero

Post Thanks / Like

carcaresmart dot com... doesn't do anything for me. A lot their stuff is out of stock and the best PC Buffer they carry is the PC7336 and it's out of stock, too.

For me, it'll be a toss-up between AUTOGEEK and the e-Canadian Store mentioned earlier.
    Dean
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

2003 GMC Sierra Denali
    Onyx Black/Pewter Leather
    w/AWD & QuadraSteer.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD
    Aspen Pearl/Black Leather
    w/AWD & Journey Pkg.

Post Thanks / Like

I to am from Canada and am checking prices between AG and eShine.

Can I say the prices are all over the map eShine has better pricing Pinnacle (if you count free shipping, exchange and possible duty) but on Wolfgang AG is far better especially if you buy a swirl kit.

All this just makes the process harder for us. OR we just become better shoppers.

I must say AG has a much nicer site a good (great) Forum and would really like to support a company that has put all that effort into pleasing the customer.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, from another Canadian (montreal) who has ordered many times, I have never paid duties or customs or taxes when ordering from Autogeek. They would ship it USPS and when it came to my door all i had to do was sign and say thanks (
    Autogeek has such good customer service and knowledge of all their products that I see this as something that would be a rather big deciding factor on where i purchase my stuff.
    Its like buying a car from a car salesman who is really passionate about cars and knows alot about them vs. buying one from just an ordinary car salesman. (no offense to any car salesmen on this forum :P)
    And while the shipping to Canada is something obviously more expensive at Autogeek then a Canadian online competitor, Autogeek do charge actual shipping and ship so well and safely that I just don't even look at other competitors. This is just my opinion but i'm sure you'll find others that share my enthusiasm..
    Good luck with your decision.
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I live 45 minutes from a little town just inside Montana, and there is a receiver there who accepts shipments. That is where my Autogeek supplies go, as well as most other US purchases! I make a quick trip down and get it way faster than through USPS/Canpost. Pay my taxes at the line, and I'm off!

One benefit of living in a small town.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12