autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi from Los Angeles

I'm new to AutoGeek, but not new to detailing. Well, maybe I should be new. My experience is 35 years old, and so many things have changed in the field of auto-detailing that I am learning all over again. At least it's only learning the new products and methods of application!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Hi from Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by asa.rand View Post
    I'm new to AutoGeek, but not new to detailing. Well, maybe I should be new. My experience is 35 years old, and so many things have changed in the field of auto-detailing that I am learning all over again. At least it's only learning the new products and methods of application!
    asa.rand, Welcome to autogeeks forum. This is a nice place to hang out. you can learn alot here. The moderators are on the ball. I do know what you mean. I have 20 years and we are in the same boat.everything It is so different. Hopefully in short time I can turns things around. I just need more time and help. By the way my middle name is Rand (England)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi from Los Angeles

2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    asa.rand, Welcome to autogeeks forum. This is a nice place to hang out. you can learn alot here. The moderators are on the ball. I do know what you mean. I have 20 years and we are in the same boat.everything It is so different. Hopefully in short time I can turns things around. I just need more time and help. By the way my middle name is Rand (England)
    Thanks, Buddy. I'm looking forward to getting back into the detail arena. When I was a detailer on a car lot (35 years ago) I learned by jumping in and getting my feet wet. It was absolutely the best experience in my life. But the chemicals were harsh, the elbow grease was intense, and the available products were few. There are so many products now! And the ease of application is amazing! If I had the products that are available now back then, I could have easily detailed 3 to 5 times as many cars per month as I was able to do then! Now, I'm older, slower, and more seasoned. I won't be setting any records, that's for sure! LOL

My username is a play on my birthname. I was christened Asa Randall. I felt randall was too long, so I shortened it to rand. I am English/Welsh descent, but Texan by birth.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean about getting back into the detailing line. I've been reading this forum for several months, and these people will help you with any problem, or answer any questions. They are great!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You have found the Best of the Best web sites for detailing and product information here at Auto Geek.........everyone is friendly and no question is considered dumb !! Shine Baby Shine !!!
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO