autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike if you are reading this...

I have been watching the forums for a while now without ever signing up or posting as all the information I needed was here. Anyway, after purchasing Mikes book I had to sign up just to say.. Thanks! an excellent and in-depth guide to detailing which I would definitely recommend to anybody from beginner to professional detailer! Will now be participating in the forums and maybe posting some of the detailing jobs we do at my place here in the UK.

Mike Phillips

Re: Mike if you are reading this...

Quote Originally Posted by imranshahid View Post

Mike if you are reading this...

I have been watching the forums for a while now without ever signing up or posting as all the information I needed was here.

Anyway, after purchasing Mikes book I had to sign up just to say.. Thanks! an excellent and in-depth guide to detailing which I would definitely recommend to anybody from beginner to professional detailer!

Will now be participating in the forums and maybe posting some of the detailing jobs we do at my place here in the UK.

I did read this while I was on vacation, now I'm catching up and taking a moment to reply to you.

Thank you for the kind words about the book and the endorsement and recommendation of the book to others. I often reference information in the book to share the page number of where the info can be found here on the forum and thus I "re-visit" my own book and by re-visiting the book I am reminded as just to how much information is packed into a single car detailing how-to book.

I feel confident stating that anyone that reads this book from cover to cover will know more than most detailers as most detailers are self-taught. Nothing wrong with being self-taught but there's a LOT of info in the book.

Thank you also for joining the forum. I know Facebook is very popular but it's also what I call FLEETING - that is, anything posted to FB is gone in a few minutes and hard to find again. It's also a horrible medium for actually sharing any quantity of information as you are limited to a tiny message box and you cannot format text or insert pictures in-between text and when trying to "teach" or "educate" someone else via a computer monitor not having these two abilities limits a person's ability to share any volume of information.

That said, I do post to FB all the time, it's just so fleeting...

For those reading this into the future,

Stop lurking and join the forum today!

I read posts everyday from people that have been lurking for years! Then one day they finally click the link to join the forum and join so they can either ask questions or answer questions for other forum members.

This is a great forum. Not a good forum but a great forum. I know from first hand experiences that on most forums the members are brash and sometimes just downright rude and especially to new members merely asking questions.

Not here.

We don't allow that kind of behavior on this forum. My personal experience on other forums made me leave and never come back. For this reason I personally have always strived to make any forum I'm a part of both friendly and helpful.

That's why you don't see people asking questions only to have the forum bullies answer,

Use the search button

Nope... not going to happen here. You ask a question and the norm is you get all the information you were looking for and hoping for and that's what a great forum is all about.

So if you're reading this and you've been lurking for days or months or even years then make the leap of faith that you're truly joining a top notch, professional grade forum and join in the fun.

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline Detailing Discussion Forum

If you're reading this and you've made the transition from lurker to member then chime in with your story. I know you'll inspire others to do the same.

Also... on this forum there is no such thing as a dumb question. We ALL started in the same place and that's knowing nothing. Even me.

The only way you learn is to ask questions. So instead of lurking and searching for questions and answers members have asked do yourself a favor and join in the fun an be part of the best detailing discussion forum on the net. I guarantee it.

3. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post