autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Newbe from NC

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbe from NC

Hi everyone I'm Jeepe and I'm from NC. I have been detailing my own cars for over 40 years and always by hand. I have done a lot of reading about the porter cable 7424. I am thinking about buying one in the near future. Can you use this with zaino products. Also what would I need to purchase (assesories) with this pc, and are there any special precautions I should know about with this polisher. Thank for any advice

Post Thanks / Like
    The PC is literally dummy proof as the movement is not stationary (jiggles and rotates). This movement keeps it from sitting in one area makes it almost impossible to damage paint. Yes it can be used with Zaino products unfortunately this is not an open forum so product discussion on a non AG product is limited. As far as accessories: Backing plate (I prefer 5''), pads (Light cut, heavy cut, polishing, finishing ), Swirl remover, Polish, wax or sealant of your choice. This is probably the most complete kit they offer
    Poorboy’s Porter Cable 7424 Polish & wax Kit you can either buy that or build your own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeepe
    Thanks,
    Tonya AKA twinkle toes
    Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwile achievement - Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jepee, warm welcome to AG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the gang Jeepe!!! It's good to see someone else from NC. You've come to the right place for help and information these guys (and gals) are GREAT! Autogeek (AG) is the only place to get your products...The customer Service can't be beat!!
    Honey.....
    Where's the Dog???

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal..... Albert Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey welcome aboard and great to have some more folks from NC on here. If you need any help be sure to ask. Wystang gave you some great advice and I would add that if you are doing your own cars and they are in pretty good shape, which I assume if you have been maintaining then I would suggest getting 2 green LC CCS pads, 2 white LC CCS pads, and 2 red LC CCS pads and 1 orange LC CCS pad. That will take care of most of you polishing and LSP and you'll have a light cut pad for any minor correction.

I would also look into a good polish, sealant, and carnuba wax. I have never used Zaino so I can't really comment but I have used a good portion of the great products carried here and would be glad to help if I can.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone