autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klumzypinoy View Post
    Welcome! These guys have already taken care of u
    with
    to AG you are going to love it here!
    Thanks,
    Tonya AKA twinkle toes
    Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwile achievement - Henry Ford

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to All !!! I love it here already. I'm in Brooklyn NY. I wish I was somewhere warmer LOL. It looks like we'll have some 60 degree weather next week. I might try to get started.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was hot down here in southern California and now it's getting pretty cold .
    Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    hes the one that asked what kind of sham poop does paul dalton use
    Quote Originally Posted by makdaddy626 View Post
    Klumzy, do you think there would be any of issues if you used "shampoop" + wax? j/k couldn't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by makdaddy626 View Post
    Might be a perfect time to try out Klumzy's "Shampoop" on carpet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Malibu..Welcome to Ag. when you start reading the s & s posts, you may get confused about all the different products. even i have used a vast array of things in the cars i have done..what you need to remember, is that it's not so much about product, it's EVERYTHING about technique. there are some DA polisher videos posted in sticky's as well as other "how to" posts that will be very helpful to you. One of the very best bang for the buck (as well as amazing durability) product lines is Duragloss. I am a big fan of it as are a few others here..it's available locally too and is very, very good. it is fun to play with the different products, but can get $$ fast..the problem is, you start reading the descriptions and they all sound so good..it's hard to resist!! Have fun and welcome again.

Post Thanks / Like

First Detail!

Looks like you've done your homework. Sounds like you have the tools you'll need.Maybe a couple things left to get. Menzerna for one. Hopefully you have the skills to use the things you bought. I'm not a pro either,but I have experimented with almost all of those products. Under varying conditions.eg
    ( heat. cold, humidity, pc, rotory,hand, different pads,etc) So my learning has been trial and error. On my vehicle. So just take your time. Start with the least aggressive method first,if that does not work give it another pass. Maybe 2, before stepping up to next level. Continue to consult the guys and gals on this site. They are a Great Help!
    Happy Detailing and Welcome!
    Richard

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    "the problem is, you start reading the descriptions and they all sound so good..it's hard to resist"

Truer words have never been spoken. I'm an impulsive person by nature anyway and I have to guard against believing the Manufactures claims. That's why I LOVE the forums it allows me to get some kind of opinions on different products. I've been acting like I'm back in college(Many,Many moons ago)! I read everything I can find and I'm really kind of glad that the weather here isn't allowing me to get started just yet. I feel as if I'm learning something everyday and the longer I learn, the better off I'll be in the longrun. I've watched numerous videos ,especially about using a P.C. One tip I found helpful was about how to determine how much pressure to apply and what X amount of pressure feels like. They explained that you never have to apply more than 15 - 25 Lbs of pressure. In order to get a idea of what 15 - 25 Lbs of pressure feels like, they suggest that you put the P.C on a regular bathroom scale and then apply pressure until you reach the desired Lbs of pressure. I'm not sure I explained it right but hopefully you'll get my meaning. I tried it and it's very helpful. I'm scared about my first time out but I'll just keep reading and asking all of you great guys A million questions. Thanks Again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12