autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: How to clean rubber mats!

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Well t sir I'm from the DMV. District of Columbia, Maryland, and the state of Virginia requires floor mats at all time. Floors must be flawless by state law. Video: How to clean rubber mats! Video: How to clean rubber mats! Video: How to clean rubber mats!. Your feet on carpet is a sign of this disrespect lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    My grandma taught me that you should take your shoes off whenever you step on carpet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    My grandma taught me that you should take your shoes off whenever you step on carpet.
    My grandma had plastic on everything. Grandpa had mats down and if you messed up his floor that was your *bleep*. Some people have crusty feet so definitely strict on that.

3. Likes UncleDavy, hmardown liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well t sir I'm from the DMV. District of Columbia, Maryland, and the state of Virginia requires floor mats at all time. Floors must be flawless by state law. Video: How to clean rubber mats! Video: How to clean rubber mats! Video: How to clean rubber mats!. Your feet on carpet is a sign of this disrespect lol

Ayeeeee I live in Columbia, MD. I guess we’re best friends now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Ayeeeee I live in Columbia, MD. I guess we’re best friends now

COLUMBIA! Lol. The DMV connection unless you're a Redskins fan cuz that would ruin it lol

Post Thanks / Like

COLUMBIA! Lol. The DMV connection unless you're a Redskins fan cuz that would ruin it lol

Redskins are the sports ball team, right? They throw the hand egg into the goalie net? For a slam down?

7. Likes minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Redskins are the sports ball team, right? They throw the hand egg into the goalie net? For a slam down?

Good it's ok. As long as you don't know they are the better. Let's just say the Redskins are a team that babysit for 4 hours. For men want to get away from their wives and get drunk Lol. They teach you how to lose games. Goalie net is soccer. I believe you're confusing soccer with basketball net lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with him, but rather stating what I use on my WeatherTech mats...products made by the mfg especially for THEIR product, a rather rogue move surely but sometimes you've gotta put your neck out there and take a chance!

I also stated I've carwash soap to clean them as well, additionally I've used 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner too and don't always dress them because they don't need to be done everytime because the product developed for THEIR own product works so well.

Video: How to clean rubber mats!Video: How to clean rubber mats!Video: How to clean rubber mats!Video: How to clean rubber mats!Video: How to clean rubber mats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Have WeatherTech mats, cleaner, and protector. Didn't care for the protector at all - mat felt slippery. Maybe I used too much (???). Not sure. Anyhow, ordered McKee's 37 Floor Mat & Cargo Liner Rejuvenator from AG's last 25% off sale. Not aware of any other cleaner specifically for floor mats, but I thought I would give this a try when winter is officially over.

Post Thanks / Like

Good rubber mats such as WeatherTech prevent my carpets floor from being touched with salty wetness. Just clean the rubber as needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Those matts are garbage rubber matts. Excuse me bro but I’m in California and I’ve never touched any RubberTech Matts or any high quality rubber matts because no one out here uses them. We use our carpeted matts out here.Video: How to clean rubber mats!Lol.

And we dress pedals all day the right way, with absolute zero slickness cuz we know how to do it.Video: How to clean rubber mats!Video: How to clean rubber mats! [would never use Trim Shine]

Ya makes sense. Weathertech mats are useful for winter conditions. They protect the floor a whole lot better than anything else. In California, I would see no reason to use them.

Out of curiosity, what do you put on pedals to dress them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Ya makes sense. Weathertech mats are useful for winter conditions. They protect the floor a whole lot better than anything else. In California, I would see no reason to use them.
    I actually always have rubber mats in, even during the spring, summer, and fall here in md.

Not that I think they look super slick or something, I just can’t stand cleaning carpet. It takes approximately 4 seconds to pull the all weather mats out and scrub them with something, and a whole lot less effort than it takes to clean a carpeted mat.

As far as rubber mats go I think weathertechs do look really nice, though. I just wish they covered more of the floor. In my mind they should be made to cover the entirety of the foot well, maybe even tucking up under the plastic panels surrounding them. But maybe that’s a bit much, who know. All I know is “floor liner” feels like the wrong name for them, imo.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast