autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Relax. I’m asking a legit question. Don’t get all “Pan”on me now.Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

•Although an application method consisting
    of: ”flooding the surface puts more
    particles per square inches”
    ...may
    not be a false statement—at least on
    its own accord;

-But why is it that it would take from 4-6oz
    up to 16oz of “Bead Maker” to protect just
    1 (one) vehicle...when only just 1oz. of so
    many, many other spray-on Sealants is
    needed to protect ~4-5 vehicles?

•Seemingly, IMO:
    -“Bead Maker” is attempting to
    shoot some pretty big holes in:
    “The Law of Diminishing Returns”!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

3. Likes Bobh59, Rsurfer, KBsToy, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't take 16 ounces of Beadmaker, I, myself, decided to use that much, it's on me, NOT Beadmaker.

I remember in the video where they spoke about some hardening agent, maybe they wanna make sure a solid base is laid down initially, makes sense, probably cents as well. Speaking of that, the product doesn't cost alot of cents either, why isn't this being talked about in a positive light? I'm sure if P&S knew how this was going to go over they would've charged more, LOL.

Here's my suggestion, buy a bottle, dig deep, wait for it to arrive and try the product out and give your review. I'll be curious to see how it, as well as the newest tire dressing to hit the market does on my car, they've been applied together and both 2x's. The next FNW should be interestingVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    why isn't this being talked about in a positive light?
    Nobody’s hating on the product. Nobody’s calling you foolish for “wasting” $10 bucks worth of spray sealant. This thread isn’t “controversial”....
    The truth is nobody even gives that much of a rip either ways. That’s the flat out truth. The people replying to this thread are getting ripped for simply asking their freaking questions! Since when is replying to a thread someone made with their curiosity become some kind of offensive thing to do?

If I’m wrong, I’d love to see some quotes of all this so called “hating” that has happened in this thread. There’s almost 200 posts to pick from. I bet there’s nothing nothing extraordinary to be found.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that may be true but the exchanges between you and Pan weren't exactly positive! I know it has nothing to do with the product persay but it did stem from his video and really liking said product.

This is getting like our weather today in Chicagoland...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    Sorry about that. I just don't go back and read all the comments, just the ones where I felt a personal attack from a few members. So I got side tracked on the rest.
    This sums up what went wrong with this thread.Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

When you go into things focused on any possible negativity that might come your way.... Guess what you’re likely to find? Negativity. You might even whip up some negativity out of nothing. [hence this thread]

There’s no hating.
    No controversy.
    No name calling. [until a certain somebody resorted to that]
    No nothing....

You post a thread, expect some questions in return. If you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. We’re all grown ups here. No crybabies.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see why they recommend to apply it heavy. Or it can be called sprayed out for an even coverage. The first application that is. It's so the monomer does it cross linking and the more even the better as what the owner and chemist states. And that is also how they are started to recommend when useing Carpro Reload on it self. A heavier application than the useally 1-2 sprays per panel.

What would be interesting to know and what I have don't heard. Is when you like to use different kind of toppers. Are you needed to apply BM heavy again when you have used a different topper in between. Or does it have the ability to hold up between washes with the useally 1-2 sprays per panel. And will it get that crazy slickness feel and gloss that way too. I could have get it wrong and it's only on bare paint you need the heavy application to build up some protection. And as a topper or and drying aid it's applyied as useally with the 1-2 sprays per panel. If it's not excells with a LSP as a topper/drying aid when useing the 1-2 sprays per panel. Then it would not be a product for those that like to use different toppers and drying aid. Even if the cost is low you go through it more maybe. And you use it regualar as the only topper and drying aid for a while. Not swich between BM and others from wash to wash. If you are not fine with the heavy application every time you apply it over another product.

The self cleaning ability from the last product I have applyied. Is an ability that is important for me. There have been some products that has not been good in that way that I have used. And not necessary it has to do with the slickness feel of a product and it's self cleaning ability it has. So just interested in how Bead Maker is in that way.

The price for me would be the double or tripple in best case. If I where to buy it. And since I like to switch toppers from wash to wash. And I where to do heavy application each time. The gallon size would be the option for me. And then the freight cost would be very high. But would it be all that for me in the different abilities I want. Then it could be worth it. And I wait it out some more from the thoughts from forums members to share their experience with it. Before I would consider to buy it. So looking forward on your thoughts and experience with it klasse act. When you have used it some more.

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I too am looking forward to the results!

While checking their store here they have a carwash soap and not only is it inexpensive but it has a thin consistency as well, meaning, it will work especially well as a pre-wash for my IK Foam 9 but I'll certainly try it as a regular 2BM soap as well. Could this be a gateway to other products from P&S, stay "tuned"Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    You asked about the gloss and slickness compared to other products. Well the gloss is on par with 007 Gloss Enhancer, better than V07, to name a few. The slickness is the thing here, it's crazy! Now 007 Gloss Enhancer is VERY slick but when I applied Beadmaker wet initially and I felt the glide, well, it was at this point I decided to try it dry also...right away! Applying it dry was just crazy, as I post this on my phone, which is also coated with Beadmaker, I'm reminded of the slickness.
    There you go! You seem to have experienced what I went through when I discovered this product. It is the real deal as far as easy of application, gloss and slickness. I don't care how much product from a 18$ bottle you have to apply on a vehicle. It's not a 200$ coating. It's less than 20$. It's an inexpensive spray-on sealant with great results. Period. Yes the first application requires a bit more product so you create the base layer of it, but subsequent applications require a tiny amount, no more than a couple sprays per panel, a little goes a long way. The more the people try it, the more their feelings about it are in line with mine.

I still can't believe the amount of heat this thread generated. As you said, all stemming from my review of the product. Just because I am "over-enthused" well that's my personality. I don't have a Debbie Downer personality nor do I need to be apologetic about my positive attitude towards life in general. And those who stirred the most crap in this thread are still reading and replying. It's mind boggling! . Of course this isn't directed to you Klasse Act. The so called "grown-ups" who think they didn't do anything wrong know very well who they are. Eldorado for example, he's the one who continues his attacks with crap like "Don't get all Pan on me now" as if he created something new and cool... LOL Makes me laugh so hard... Here's one for the books: "Eldorado levels of laugh" !!

So to get back to the main topic, I'm glad it worked out for you. Now you'll know where I come from when I talk about products.

13. Likes fries liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who were wondering what's the lowest temperature that Bead Maker can be applied at... I e-mailed Dave Phillips directly (co-owner and chemist at P&S) and here's his reply and I quote: "Although some evaporation is an advantage, it is not needed for the product to work. A little more spreading and dwell time will make up for the temperature. Most chemical reactions slow down in cooler temperatures but Bead Maker does not have an activation temperature and will polymerize anyway. However, not freezing onto the surface. I’m afraid that is too much."

Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast