autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer build

Post Thanks / Like

Trailer build

So as the business grows, it's time to grow in other ways as well naturally!

Recently I picked up a 6x12 tandem axle wells cargo enclosed trailer for a fair price. As it needs some touching up here and there I couldn't pass it up.

My intentions are to get it up and rolling asap. However, it may take awhile so I'm shooting for completion by the end of the year as Ill be taking my time with it. But, as we all know when your excited over a project things tend to go faster. It will be functional before my season starts as I dont want my tank in my truck anymore!

As we speak I am having graphics designed for the exterior. Once I decide on what I like I will post those up.

Interior:
    New vinyl flooring, and walls/peg board.

The tank will be walled off but accessible through the rear barn doors as well air compressor, pressure washer etc.

Rear and side doors will be utilized for storage of bottles, and any necessary tools.

Front area will hold most of my larger bulk items, and tools I wont use on a regular basis!

I wanted to get rims for it and make it stand out. But ill be waiting on that so for now Ill just get some sweet spinner hub caps..... j/k.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
    On Site Auto Detailing- Detailing all of Central Michigan
    (989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trailer build

Nice trailer keep us updated (photos) and nice dog, what breed of dog?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onsite View Post
    So as the business grows, it's time to grow in other ways as well naturally!

Recently I picked up a 6x12 tandem axle wells cargo enclosed trailer for a fair price. As it needs some touching up here and there I couldn't pass it up.

My intentions are to get it up and rolling asap. However, it may take awhile so I'm shooting for completion by the end of the year as Ill be taking my time with it. But, as we all know when your excited over a project things tend to go faster. It will be functional before my season starts as I dont want my tank in my truck anymore!

As we speak I am having graphics designed for the exterior. Once I decide on what I like I will post those up.

Interior:
    New vinyl flooring, and walls/peg board.

The tank will be walled off but accessible through the rear barn doors as well air compressor, pressure washer etc.

Rear and side doors will be utilized for storage of bottles, and any necessary tools.

Front area will hold most of my larger bulk items, and tools I wont use on a regular basis!

I wanted to get rims for it and make it stand out. But ill be waiting on that so for now Ill just get some sweet spinner hub caps..... j/k.

make sure you will be able to stop quick,with the tank and heavey weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 215Detailing View Post
    Nice trailer keep us updated (photos) and nice dog, what breed of dog?
    American Bully.... ill upload a couple of her and her dad when my phone allows me. We used to breed and show them a few years ago!
    Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Definitely will be!
    Got any suggestions, past experience etc?

(989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Along these lines, it would be a good idea to buy a decent brake controller if the trailer is equipped with brakes.

Also, I would take the time to service the bearings. Replacing them is cheap insurance.

How old are the tires? If they're more than 4 years old, replace those too. Also get a spare if you don't have one. Alloy wheels may not be the best idea if you're carrying a heavy load as it may effect your payload capability.

Looks like it's in great shape. Should be a good investment!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Trailer build

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    Along these lines, it would be a good idea to buy a decent brake controller if the trailer is equipped with brakes.

Also, I would take the time to service the bearings. Replacing them is cheap insurance.

How old are the tires? If they're more than 4 years old, replace those too. Also get a spare if you don't have one. Alloy wheels may not be the best idea if you're carrying a heavy load as it may effect your payload capability.

Looks like it's in great shape. Should be a good investment!
    I don't think It is equipped with brakes unfortunately. It is something I will like to look into later on once a little more cash flow comes in as we got that white stuff on the ground hindering me a bit.

Tires.... those will be getting replaced as the belts are showing on a couple and are shot!!!! So that will happen before rolling anywhere.

The alloy wheels was a thought but been just that as I had the same thoughts. So I figured I might just paint these ones and put some nice hubcaps on them. The overall goal to look better can be achieved just by hub caps, and if the hubcaps I get look good enough I wont go any further as I will be happy and no one will notice or truly care if I have rims or hub caps!
    (989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the trailer, as I stated it needs work but most of it cleans up, just haven't been warm enough to detail it yet.

It has blemishes, so I am debating on just doing the full wrap I intended on doing right off the bat because of the blemishes. Or, do the decals now and just touch them up for the time being since it would take a little longer for me to do the full wrap!

Any thoughts?

215detailing here's a picture of our other dog... The father of the one you had seen!

Trailer build-20160203_153616-jpg

Trailer build-20160203_153641-jpg

Trailer build-6704-2216-2013-11-27438652-jpg

Trailer build-6704-2216-2013-11-27698876-jpg
    (989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure to properly load the water tank over the axles. Don't load the water tank at the very rear because of ease of access.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't get a lot of: Girl Scouts, Kirby salesmen, or strangers approaching your house! Those dogs look like they are all business.

Your trailer looks like it will work really well. Keep us updated on your progress this spring. Let's see some 50/50 shots of the polishing of that beast.

I'm anxiously waiting for the white stuff to disappear too. Winters are about 5-6 months too long in WI.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onsite View Post
    Here's the trailer, as I stated it needs work but most of it cleans up, just haven't been warm enough to detail it yet.

It has blemishes, so I am debating on just doing the full wrap I intended on doing right off the bat because of the blemishes. Or, do the decals now and just touch them up for the time being since it would take a little longer for me to do the full wrap!

Any thoughts?

215detailing here's a picture of our other dog... The father of the one you had seen!

Trailer build-20160203_153616-jpg

Trailer build-20160203_153641-jpg

Trailer build-6704-2216-2013-11-27438652-jpg

Trailer build-6704-2216-2013-11-27698876-jpg
    Love 'em very beautiful babies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast