autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trailer build

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trailer build

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedotmil View Post
    Nice! I'm enjoying this thread of yours. I hope to be doing the same thing soon. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! When you get going on yours feel free to ask questions!

It's coming along faster and better than I thought it would by now. With the weather getting nicer I am forced to speed things up a little and take what warm days I have! This weekend I plan to bust out a lot! Overall I'm hoping to to get stuff in and bolted down.

Picked up some diamond plate today from work and might use it as shelving but that's not high priority right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On Site Auto Detailing- Detailing all of Central Michigan
    (989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

Got a good amount done today! Both reels, pressure washer and air compressor all bolted down. Next will be the generator. Just need to finish building the frame out of 4x4s.

(989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you. I went to CMU, graduated in '09, now live in south FL. Keep us updated.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see the pictures. Keep up the good work.
    https://www.facebook.com/newfinishPDLLC/
    Steve Infante, New Finish Columbia 803-553-1782
    Columbia, SC / IG:@newfinishcolumbia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swaptrex View Post
    Good luck to you. I went to CMU, graduated in '09, now live in south FL. Keep us updated.
    Really, I actually moved from FL to mi about 5yrs ago! Wish I was back there though!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedotmil View Post
    Can't wait to see the pictures. Keep up the good work.

Oh yea, I forgot to post pics lol

Not a big update but a good amount of work done with having to figure things out along the way. I did decided to put the generator on the floor behind the pressure washer until I can build the frame as well may be its spot until I put new floor boards in. I would hate to see my generator flying around and or sitting on top of the pressure washer!

After bolting stuff down I noticed the floors aren't as strong as I would prefer so next year it will be getting all redone then put back together again!

(989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't understand why every single detailer out there sets up the "work area" like this.
    Put your PW, compressor and generator in the "dead" areas, (the back).
    These have hoses that will go as for as you want so why do you put these right in your way?
    Look at how a boat/yacht is built. every little thing has it's place for ergonomics and working space.
    If your going to be washing 100 cars a day then fine but your only washing one car then your onto detailing it and you need access to your detailing supplies not your PW.
    Think of fast food work area, everything they need is within arms reach and al the "power equipment" is out of the way.
    When I back my van up to a garage and open my "Mobile Detail Shop" up my customers say "WOW! I hired the right guy"
    What do your customers say about this set up? nothing, because you look like every other CAR WASHER out there.
    If you want to be the best then look better then your competition.
    You might not know this but your in the MARKETING BUSINESS.

Post Thanks / Like

Trailer build

Quote Originally Posted by Detailing by M View Post
    I just don't understand why every single detailer out there sets up the "work area" like this.

Put your PW, compressor and generator in the "dead" areas, (the back).

These have hoses that will go as for as you want so why do you put these right in your way?

Look at how a boat/yacht is built. every little thing has it's place for ergonomics and working space.

If your going to be washing 100 cars a day then fine but your only washing one car then your onto detailing it and you need access to your detailing supplies not your PW.

Think of fast food work area, everything they need is within arms reach and al the "power equipment" is out of the way.

When I back my van up to a garage and open my "Mobile Detail Shop" up my customers say "WOW! I hired the right guy"

What do your customers say about this set up? nothing, because you look like every other CAR WASHER out there.

If you want to be the best then look better then your competition.

You might not know this but your in the MARKETING BUSINESS.

Sorry that it's not what you like. However, I set this up the way I wanted. I don't need nor want my equipment up front for various reasons. Biggest of them all is the exhaust! Sure I can punch holes in the floor, but why when I can open my doors access everything I need right there! Not to mention weight distribution. As all of my bulk items will sit up front as well as the products and tools not commonly used it will counteract the weight in the rear. Which for better control and less sway is something to consider.

My generator alone weighs 230lbs, the air compressor is over 100 and so on. I want my bulk items to be the furthest away from where I am working and out of my way.

Everything I need and want will be accessible through the rear barn doors. Nothing will keep me from stepping in and walking or reaching what tool or product I will need! Plus I can easily reach my pw or generator to shut them off, hook up extensions and so on. This trailer is no where near done with how I want it and more than likely won't be getting to the final completion until the end of the year. Many things will be changed and look different but my season just started a few weeks early and I don't know about you but when I get a call for a $500 day sitting in one spot you tend to get in gear and have things rolling.

What do people say.... They've always asked who did it, how much did it cost, bet that was hard work, and wow what a cool set up I've never thought of anything like that before!

Now in all reality I'm sorry it bothers you that I am doing my trailer the way I WANT and need!

(989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

Trailer build

So some big yet small updates:

I decided to not get the trailer vinyl wrapped. Instead I went another route, which was to print out my logo and apply it myself as well as some reflective lettering. For right now it's basic but I will be adding more later on.

So far with the setup being only in temporary for. It's showing me what needs to be done for ergonomics. I also learned even though the pegboard can be useful it's only purpose will be for a wall and nothing else. If you've been to Michigan and drove on our roads you'll know why nothing will stay on them lol!

For the inside as I mentioned I was going to wall off the rear portion blocking the view of the rest of the trailer as well for storage purposes is under construction!

To aid in storage I had aluminum tread plate bent up to be my shelves. Reason being is they look great, light weight, and can hold a lot of weight once done if need be.

For bottle holders I decided to have those made up as well. They should be getting lasered and bent this weekend out of mirror finish stainless!

Both the shelves and bottle holders were done for aesthetics as well they aren't costing me anything, and to go over the top in visual aids!

(989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

Another small update:

Finally got my bottle holders cut and bent. Took a little longer to do cause someone had accidentally deleted the file so it had to be re uploaded and yada yada yada.

The pic is of the mirror finish stainless steel with its protective film still on. Peeled a corner of it to show how reflective it is however I won't be removing it until it's being installed! I have 4 and 5 hole bottle holders made!

(989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123