autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing for profit w/out garage?

Quote Originally Posted by 04accord View Post
    not sure if i can post this, but I saw this. 10 ft. x 17 ft. Portable Garage
    Only concern is time to set up? and how much space do you really get when working the sides?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcaustin87 View Post
    Only concern is time to set up? and how much space do you really get when working the sides?
    this would be set up in part of my driveway and I wouldn't take it down between spring and the end of summer. space on the side is my concern. I like the sides though because stuff won't be flying around on most of the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04accord View Post
    not sure if i can post this, but I saw this. 10 ft. x 17 ft. Portable Garage

not sure if there would be enough room on the sides to work and whether or not this is better or worse than a canopy with no sides.
    not gonna be wide enough. my canopy is 10 feet wide and theres not enough room for me to walk around the car if there were sides. plus... im sure it'd be a pain to set up by yourself

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

bump. anyone use this canopy

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I do. I have this very setup. I use 6 5 gallon buckets that I fill with water when I set it up for counter weights and they pull double duty as acting as hose guides. I also have hanging bluetooth speakers, clip on fans, and mounts for my lights that I use for correction work. And I got it all to fit inside of a Shetler Logic Store It roller bag. The set up time for this tent takes some practice, but I found that using some color coded stickers helped lable the parts for faster setup/takedown. Total time with everything hung and ready to start working is about 20 minutes by myself without breaking a sweat. Once it is up, I am able to drive a full sized quad pickup truck under it as long as there is not a lift kit on it. You cannot go wrong with that for the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Don View Post
    I do. I have this very setup. I use 6 5 gallon buckets that I fill with water when I set it up for counter weights and they pull double duty as acting as hose guides. I also have hanging bluetooth speakers, clip on fans, and mounts for my lights that I use for correction work. And I got it all to fit inside of a Shetler Logic Store It roller bag. The set up time for this tent takes some practice, but I found that using some color coded stickers helped lable the parts for faster setup/takedown. Total time with everything hung and ready to start working is about 20 minutes by myself without breaking a sweat. Once it is up, I am able to drive a full sized quad pickup truck under it as long as there is not a lift kit on it. You cannot go wrong with that for the money.
    Does it fly away easily without weights at the corners? Most likely I would set it up and leave it up.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

That would all depend on the weather where you are at. I have seen some guys go that route with these and they work surprisingly well. Only you would need to beef up the weights to something more substantial like filling those 5 gallon buckets with concrete and an achor bolt with some ratchet straps. Just remember that they aren't bulletproof.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Get one of those collapsible tents people buy for camping.... cost about 80 euros around here from super home center don't know how much it will cost where you live.... this will take care of the sun problem, and you can still be mobile since it is collapsibe and easy to carry... if you want to cover the sides, get some shower curtains ) it looks funny but it works....

Post Thanks / Like

Humidity is a big promblem for me in south fla,I can deal with the hot sun no promblem but add those 2 together and if your not careful you maybe visiting your nearest hospital.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast