autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Feedback on Website Launch and Pricing!

Hey guys, just wanted some feedback and opinions of my "phase one" website/services/pricing.

Here is a little background on me and the business:

Business Name: CER3 Premium Auto Detailing (CER is my initials and I'm the 3rd. Just in case anyone was wondering where that came from , lol)

Area of Business: DFW (Dallas / Fort Worth) *DFW is currently booming with lots of major Corporations moving their home offices to the area. Just giving you guys a heads up if you aren't familiar with the growth in the area.

Location of Business: Currently mobile or work is done at an open bay at my friends business. Looking to get a fix location by 3rd-4th quarter this year.

Age of Business: Started in Nov. of 2015 part time and slowly working towards going full time. I've been seriously detailing for a little over 3 years now. Working by myself for now, but could hire on someone if I personally can't keep up with the work or expand the business. LLC paper work is being filed as we speak!

Market Penetration: Looking to go after mid-high income families/clients. Goal is to take on 1-3 cars a day when things go full time. Paint correction services / maintenance details being majority of my business. Glass coating and touch up paint services will be added once I go full time/get a fixed location. Hopefully stick with just retail work , but may deal with some smaller dealerships to fill in the slower months.

Pricing: At $40 an Hour for majority of services and $50 for paint correction services. (Pricing may need go up on paint correction services or change my menu to an hourly rate, not a "package" and have it as an add on to a core detail service)

Website: cer3autodetailing (Website isn't completely finished, but is nearing completion)

Thanks again in advance! Hope a lot of you guys chime in with some feedback!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feedback on Website Launch and Pricing!

Your website looks good. I can tell you put a lot of time into the description of the services. It might be confusing to some people who just want their car detailed. I've come to learn most people outside of the detail world don't really care what you use to clean the seats or dress the tires. That extra information might make it more difficult for them to get a quick understanding of the service you offer. On the other hand if your looking to target the anal type, they may appreciate the extra description including the products used. The time required to complete some of the jobs seems high to me. 3.5+ hours for a interior wipe down and vaccum seems a little long. In that time I'm sure most detailers could provide a pretty comprehensive interior detail. If your using that time allotment to justify a certain price point you may be better off not listing the required time. If it actually does take you that long you may want to work on your technique. Just my suggestions..

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to second that. Most people will have no idea who Chemical guys are and even if they did, would not care.

You could replace all the product descriptions with a line or two at the top of the page saying you will be using quality professional products for every step of the detail.

Your site looks good. Great job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SojdaDetailing View Post
    Your website looks good. I can tell you put a lot of time into the description of the services. It might be confusing to some people who just want their car detailed. I've come to learn most people outside of the detail world don't really care what you use to clean the seats or dress the tires. That extra information might make it more difficult for them to get a quick understanding of the service you offer. On the other hand if your looking to target the anal type, they may appreciate the extra description including the products used. The time required to complete some of the jobs seems high to me. 3.5+ hours for a interior wipe down and vaccum seems a little long. In that time I'm sure most detailers could provide a pretty comprehensive interior detail. If your using that time allotment to justify a certain price point you may be better off not listing the required time. If it actually does take you that long you may want to work on your technique. Just my suggestions..
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I would have to agree, I need to remove the exact products used for every step of the detail service. I only have two anal clients so far , but I could always custom tailor quotes with greater description added to them for those type of individuals.

Now the allotted time is including unpacking + detail service time + packing up. I will admit that my "OCD" does get the best of me some times when doing things like the interior, but I'm learning that things will never be perfect and most folks wont be able to appreciate it anyways.

What's your thoughts on pricing? Most places that display great work have their paint correction services at $75-$100 an hour.
    I just feel as if that's way to much, unless it was like a stage 3 paint correction for a show car , that you would do a 4-6 step paint correction process for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I will have to second that. Most people will have no idea who Chemical guys are and even if they did, would not care.

You could replace all the product descriptions with a line or two at the top of the page saying you will be using quality professional products for every step of the detail.

Your site looks good. Great job!
    I would have to agree. "Keep it stupid simple" kept coming up in my head , but the detailer/car guy inside me kept wanting to explain things in depth. Like I said in the previous , I think I need to personalize some things for certain clients.

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably have a "products we use" page that you could link to with detailed information about each product and how it's used in your process.

One thing I noticed was the "click here for additional services" links on each of the service descriptions seemed to get lost for me due to it being the same color as some of the other text that was not clickable. I suggest using one color if you can for all links that are clickable in the content area of the page. The blue you have for the "schedule service now" links. People have been trained since the 90s that those blue link are clickable so it becomes easier to identify on a page.

One other thing I noticed was the location link that shows up on mobile devices at the bottom of the screen was pointing to some place in PA, this may have been an over sight but I wanted to bring it up so you could look at that.

One last thing if your clients wouldnt mind you getting before and after photos. I did a quick sweep and didn't see any, but I was looking quickly. I think that will be a good selling feather if you can get some before shots.

Sorry to focus so much on the website and not the detailing information, but that's where my background is. I was a web developer for 8 years and hobby detailer for the past 4 mostly for friends and family.

Other than that I think the site looks great. Nice work and congrats on going full-time! I hope you can get the clients your targeting; your work is definitely high end!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huot25 View Post
    I would probably have a "products we use" page that you could link to with detailed information about each product and how it's used in your process.

One thing I noticed was the "click here for additional services" links on each of the service descriptions seemed to get lost for me due to it being the same color as some of the other text that was not clickable. I suggest using one color if you can for all links that are clickable in the content area of the page. The blue you have for the "schedule service now" links. People have been trained since the 90s that those blue link are clickable so it becomes easier to identify on a page.

One other thing I noticed was the location link that shows up on mobile devices at the bottom of the screen was pointing to some place in PA, this may have been an over sight but I wanted to bring it up so you could look at that.

One last thing if your clients wouldnt mind you getting before and after photos. I did a quick sweep and didn't see any, but I was looking quickly. I think that will be a good selling feather if you can get some before shots.

Sorry to focus so much on the website and not the detailing information, but that's where my background is. I was a web developer for 8 years and hobby detailer for the past 4 mostly for friends and family.

Other than that I think the site looks great. Nice work and congrats on going full-time! I hope you can get the clients your targeting; your work is definitely high end!
    I like that idea actually. Shouldn't take long to create a separate page for more detailed information on the products used.

Yeah I've been tinkering on how I'm going to do the "additional services" link and what color combinations to use. With you having about 10,000 times more experience. What suggestions would you recommend to keep things clean and organized ?

Now I've pulled up the site on my pc and mobile phone and it pulled up the correct map. I'll see if I can pull it up on someone else computer and see how it comes up. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, I have before pictures (just not posted on the site yet). Not the best at taking pictures and really need to get the same angles for the before and afters, so things look uniform.

Thanks! Shooting to go full time by end of the year.

Hopefully "high end" was a compliment , lol

Post Thanks / Like

Will make changes here in the next day or so based on the great feedback given today!

Anyone else like to chime in ?

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking website, I've been doing this for the past 10 years and in regards to my website, I have constantly be working on it, tweaking it, completely overhauling it, and everything inbetween, so just know that if you're gonna do it 100% yourself, which it sounds like, it will never be finished.

With that said, you're light years ahead of where I was when I started, and you've got a really great foundation of a website. I would agree that things can get wordy and the vast majority of customers really won't read all of that, and for the few that do, the vast majority of them won't understand or have ever heard of things like "Meguiar's D170 Hyper Dressing" or "Chemical Guy's Mr. Pink Super Suds Shampoo & Superior Surface Cleaning Soap." It just makes them have to read more, which they don't like, and then they leave. Brevity is key online, especially for the average consumer.

It's great to have a lot of information on there for the people that want to read it all (those are probably the people you really want to attract), but giving an option for people to quickly skim things and get the bulk of the info goes a long way. After a lot of advice from guys on here, I ended up with a services page for all of my packages with a brief description of what each one is, and then links for in-depth stuff for people that really want to know more about each package.

Overall though, clean site and great foundation so far. Oh, and I would definitely agree on the colors of the text, keep everything the same color except all links, and make all links the same color, it just makes it easier for the reader to understand and know where to click. I look forward to seeing the site advance as you continue to work on it!
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    Good looking website, I've been doing this for the past 10 years and in regards to my website, I have constantly be working on it, tweaking it, completely overhauling it, and everything inbetween, so just know that if you're gonna do it 100% yourself, which it sounds like, it will never be finished.

With that said, you're light years ahead of where I was when I started, and you've got a really great foundation of a website. I would agree that things can get wordy and the vast majority of customers really won't read all of that, and for the few that do, the vast majority of them won't understand or have ever heard of things like "Meguiar's D170 Hyper Dressing" or "Chemical Guy's Mr. Pink Super Suds Shampoo & Superior Surface Cleaning Soap." It just makes them have to read more, which they don't like, and then they leave. Brevity is key online, especially for the average consumer.

It's great to have a lot of information on there for the people that want to read it all (those are probably the people you really want to attract), but giving an option for people to quickly skim things and get the bulk of the info goes a long way. After a lot of advice from guys on here, I ended up with a services page for all of my packages with a brief description of what each one is, and then links for in-depth stuff for people that really want to know more about each package.

Overall though, clean site and great foundation so far. Oh, and I would definitely agree on the colors of the text, keep everything the same color except all links, and make all links the same color, it just makes it easier for the reader to understand and know where to click. I look forward to seeing the site advance as you continue to work on it!
    Thanks for the feedback!
    I'll be altering the site tonight and will let you guys know when it's updated so you can take a look at it again!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast