autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: unique ways of getting new customers

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    This made me think about the upcoming DC Auto Show. I wonder if I'd get thrown out for trying to hand out business cards there.
    Be careful, some shows will boot you since you're advertising and didn't pay a vendor fee.

I would suggest correcting half your hood, leave other half untouched. And get a decal made with your Instagram handle and put it on your windshield. Then remove after show.

That is my plan of attack come spring time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingTouchA View Post

Another suggestion for winter is to advertise interior detailing. I'm even busier this winter than I was in the summer. Skate shops sell snow gear in the winter. Detail shops sell interior detailing in the winter. Rather than discounting your premium exterior services start pushing your premium interior services.
    Can't really promote premium interior services since I don't have a steamer or extractor yet.

And I tend to offer free upgrades rather than discounted prices.

Being how I reached out to the owner of this restaurant, I had to offer some sort of "bait" to get him in the door. I wouldn't advertise this on Facebook or Instagram, as I'd be flooded with nasty dirty family vans and stuff of that nature.

I feel very confident with this leading to more jobs, and I have no problem spending half a day doing a 6 month old white van that just sits in a parking lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RFrommann View Post
    I wouldn't advertise this on Facebook or Instagram, as I'd be flooded with nasty dirty family vans and stuff of that nature.

Like I said, read up on Facebook advertising. You sound like you want more business but you are too lazy to work for it. Facebook advertising is very underutilized by the service industry. Did you know you can specifically target households that bring in 250k-500k a year, how about owners of sports and luxury cars less than 2 years old, and don't forget about marketing coatings to people who are looking to buy a new car? If you think Facebook is only going to bring you nasty minivans you are misinformed and I suggest doing some research before writing it off as a worthless marketing resource.
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Eventually you will get sick of working for free and half price details won't be any fun. Facebook is a waste of time and advertising dollars.
    Thinking outside the box is a good think but business fundamentals is what keeps you in business.
    Word of mouth is the best way to get customers. Each year you will grow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    Eventually you will get sick of working for free and half price details won't be any fun. Facebook is a waste of time and advertising dollars.

Thinking outside the box is a good think but business fundamentals is what keeps you in business.

Word of mouth is the best way to get customers. Each year you will grow.

Why is Facebook a waste of advertising dollars?
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Have you had luck with it? I don't see how a place where people post pics of their food, cats and kids is a good place to spend advertising dollars.

Spend the money on what works- Google ad words express.

Detailing is a service, people search for a service when they need it.

People don't decide they need the car detailed when they are looking at their friends vacation pics or watching epic fail videos.

Facebook is where people waste time, not do commerce.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you had luck with it? I don't see how a place where people post pics of their food, cats and kids is a good place to spend advertising dollars.

People don't decide they need the car detailed when they are looking at their friends vacation pics or watching epic fail videos.

Facebook is primarily for branding purposes, when someone needs their car detailed you want them to automatically think of you. Also with how Facebook lets you target new car buyers (for coatings) and more affluent homes your dollars are not going to waste. Yes, you should be on Adwords no doubt, but to leave Facebook at the bottom is ignorant. That's like saying newspaper articles and ads don't work because people just want to read about sports and politics. I've found great success both with Facebook targeted ads and press releases in the local newspaper.
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Using FB, you can create ads. I just spent $5 to boost a post and have 3700 views and climbing. I've gained 10 more followers from the paid post and two detailing jobs so far....The advertisement shows up on public pages of people who have automotive interests in your local area.
    I've received work from FB posts I put up months ago. Doesn't have to be immediate results.

It's probably a waste of my time to explain this since you've made up your mind already about something you haven't researched. I'm taking my time to post this to help others because it's worked for me and isn't expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

I have spent a lot of time and money with facebook. So far I have recieved 1 new customer for every 100 that I get from ad words. Has anyone else received better results from FB?

Post Thanks / Like

The one i most use is go to a gas station Like QT in a wealthy part of town wait til a nice car pulls up then approach them with a card BUT dress nice and act confident...One thing all people have in common they have to get gas....It works guaranteed...Sir very nice car Do you have a personal detailer that takes car of your car?(This is where you shutup and dont say a word let him answer) well i have a well respected business as a auto detailer..... Heres my card Do you mind if i get a number from you because i have a special offer i would like to text you( Be quiet here also let him answer.... Say this with the highest level of confidence so they will give it to you without hesitation practice in mirror over and over....The people who say this is pushy ussally dont know their customer base wealthy people didnt get wealthy by being nice pushovers they appreciate go-getters someone like themselves.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast