autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to build an awesome mobile rig.

Thanks! 2001 Chevy Silverado
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice rig!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice like to hear more info and description on pressure washer, did you do bypass on your own or did it come from factory set up

Post Thanks / Like

That type of setup draws the customers to you very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

I book jobs every where I go now. It's incredible. When people see my setup it helps them make a confident decision they are using a professional. The pressure washer required a little modification, capping one port, adding a bypass line to another, and of course the extra fitting on the tank.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey just curious I am looking to buy a trailer like this.

How much did the trailer cost and the graphics ?

I have all the equipment already however I been wanting a trailer for a while.

And your setup is something I would like to do ?

Any info is appreciated thanka

Post Thanks / Like

Kris,

Just spent a while on your FB page. Good going! You've clearly invested a lot of time, effort and money into the business and it is paying off. Nice to see someone else suckling at the govt teet while building their detailing business. ;-) I'm a Corrections Officer. Keep on keeping on, Sir.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome rig. Being in the tire and wheel business for many, many years I did want to give you a heads up that you may have lowered the weight carrying capacity when you replaced the wheels. The wheels you took off were heavy duty trailer wheels. It looks like the new ones are passenger vehicle wheels. I don't know how close you are to max weight. If your close you may want to check the max load on both wheels. I've seen wheels that weren't rated for the weight break. That's too nice a rig to risk it in my opinion.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking nice there Kris!

I was thinking up front, seeing all those gas burning engines, then seeing that teeny fire extinguisher that you need to upgrade that situation.

Then I read on... and you're a Firefighter!

Not cheap I know, but you could pick up something like a FM200(halon alternative) system that'd go off automatically in that enclosed space and protect you from losing everything.

Not sure covering the entire cubic feet range would be terribly cost effective, but you could mount one on each wall near the machines and they'll pop just based on the heat range should something happen.

Which would be AWESOME if something were to happen while you were towing down the road after a job, when everything was shut up inside, nice and hot, after being run for a while.

Way back when... I had chrome halon units in all my trucks. But that was before they figured out they'd KILL YOU! Had to use one one morning on the highway just before sunrise, and it saved my truck, and likely my life.

Had an auxiliary wiring harness short out (the one that powered all the emergency lights, floods, strobes, etc.). It shorted at the battery, ran through the firewall, and caught fire beside the steering column, above the gas pedal while I was fully loaded, going about 70 IN THE DARK! Power windows wouldn't roll down, all the emergency lights came on at once, then all went off, and all I could do was head for the side of the highway (expressway) till I felt grass and get it stopped. Just lucky there wasn't a guardrail there!

Grabbed the halon on the way out the door (beside the seat), stuck it under the dash and emptied the entire thing while I held my breath.

Got lucky that only the auxiliary harness was fried. Well that and it popped my headlight and marker light fuses.
    BOY was I pi$$ed!

Any-who.... lesson learned. Keep more extinguishers than you need in your work trucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris R View Post
    I book jobs every where I go now. It's incredible. When people see my setup it helps them make a confident decision they are using a professional. The pressure washer required a little modification, capping one port, adding a bypass line to another, and of course the extra fitting on the tank.
    Great, please explain the automatic shut off valve for the tank, I was lost thinking that being as the water recirculates once you release the trigger, you have already depleted a few gallons of water on project so tank would be minus a couple of gallons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12