autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad Yelp Review? Use it to your advantage

How I made money from a bad yelp review.

First off this bad review wasn't from a customer but someone who was "bothering me" as I was working on a $600 job.

Why I was "in the area":
    I normally don't work in the area I was in or in apartment complexes, just not my clientele and that review proved it, again. But I have a great customer that moved and then his new house needed renovating so he's in an apt. for a few months.

What happened:
    As I was working in the 97 degree heat a lady came up to me,4th one that day, I answered her question, turned my back and got back to the job I was hired for.
    Well this didn't set well with here so she put a one star review on my Yelp. She said a bunch of ignorant stuff but basically

"It wasn't what I said but how I said it and turned my back on her"

So the next day I seen the review, reported it and thought all day about how I can use it to my advantage.

My solution:
    Minions! I have minos of great customers who havent taken the time to leave me a review.
    I sent out a text to about twenty five people saying my five star rating was removed and I needed their help.

With in 15 hours I had 18 new five star reviews and 7 of them stuck, my five star rating was restored and her review was buried.

Also I got 5 jobs out of it!

So don't be so upset about a bad review and try to use it to your advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bad Yelp Review? Use it to your advantage

Amazing. Nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty cool your clients stepped up and gave a review on your actual work.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story!

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of pretentious to be proud of not doing work for people who live in apartments.

But congrats on the good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on that one! For every one bad review, in this case not even a review, there's ten good ones waiting to happen.

I've done sales and stuff for years where I'm always getting good and bad comments, I learned to never sweat it. That one bad one is usually just someone that has a bone to pick with the world.

Dan
    Mobile Unit - 2013 Chevrolet Silverado
    Precision Mobile Auto Detailing
    Facebook Google+

Post Thanks / Like

Good job.

The way you handle a bad review has a lot to do with how many more customers you will get. If there is a 'respond to the review' link, then do it. Sometimes people will know when a good company has a false review just by the way the review sounds and the way you respond to it.

I just got a 1 star review from a telemarketer who I had played games with over the phone. But I responded in the most respectful way possible, since then some of my new customers who saw the review knew it was bullcrap and have written me positive reviews to cover it.

Post Thanks / Like

When I'm working on a car,I know in 3 minutes whether to invest or abort especially young people,and cars that were painted from a roller ,and I don't give them a card.its the nature of the business,the best is when they blow there horn for me to stop and talked to them now I'm really aggravated I just blow them off next,!

Post Thanks / Like

U took,negative and made it a postive great strategy love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailing by M View Post
    How I made money from a bad yelp review.

First off this bad review wasn't from a customer but someone who was "bothering me" as I was working on a $600 job.

Why I was "in the area":
    I normally don't work in the area I was in or in apartment complexes, just not my clientele and that review proved it, again. But I have a great customer that moved and then his new house needed renovating so he's in an apt. for a few months.

What happened:
    As I was working in the 97 degree heat a lady came up to me,4th one that day, I answered her question, turned my back and got back to the job I was hired for.
    Well this didn't set well with here so she put a one star review on my Yelp. She said a bunch of ignorant stuff but basically

"It wasn't what I said but how I said it and turned my back on her"

So the next day I seen the review, reported it and thought all day about how I can use it to my advantage.

My solution:
    Minions! I have minos of great customers who havent taken the time to leave me a review.
    I sent out a text to about twenty five people saying my five star rating was removed and I needed their help.

With in 15 hours I had 18 new five star reviews and 7 of them stuck, my five star rating was restored and her review was buried.

Also I got 5 jobs out of it!

So don't be so upset about a bad review and try to use it to your advantage.
    i think the lesson here is to make sure your customers actively review you from the start and somehow incentivize them to do so, if possible, to help keep them doing it. this way you don't have to respond to a negative review by scrambling people - the reviews will already be there to flood out any undeserving negative ones.

however, i'm curious why you said the part that i bolded? i'm lost on what the relevance is there. thanks.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast