autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New part time detailing business logo advice

Hello everyone,

I am starting a new part time detailing business. I have made a few logo examples and I want to ask your opinion and a feedback.
    Please write which logo you like most, why, why not, what improvements should I make, color and etc. . If you don't like any of them, please write too. other suggestions are always welcome. "Autopolirolis" in English means Auto Polish, and "Poliravimas ir Valymas" means polishing and cleaning. We do not have a one word like detailing, which covers services for paint correction and interior detailing...
    Logo nr. 1

Logo nr. 2

Logo nr. 3

Logo nr. 4

Logo nr. 5

Thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New part time detailing business logo advice

I like number 1 just because it doesn't look like the clip art everyone else uses. And I have a soft spot in my heart for wagons. (Especially CTSV Wagons lol)
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly?

I think they look like 95% of all of the other detailing company logos out there (that's pure hyperbole, but not far from true). There is nothing in any of those that will make you stand out in a sea of white noise.

Just a free opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess #5 but agree with above,doesn't really catch my eye.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys for replyies. I appreciate them. I am in the searching stage at the moment . I wanted a cool logo with shadows transparency, etc. but i am thinking about using a logo on clothes. Just for marketing purposes... And I don't know how a "complicated" logo would look on clothes... thank you for feedback. i'll search other logos.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly... If u wanna spread your business, don't worry about logos, designs and colors. Let word of mouth be your biggest asset. People talk and if u do quality work and please a customer... They will brag to their friends and get you business that way. Stay true and do quality work.

I struggled in my area dealing with other so called "detailers" charging triple of what they do. But I stuck to my guns and wouldn't do sub par work.... Now I'm so busy that I can't find free time and I only do this part time. Patience and doing quality work is the key!!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I used a custom vehicle silhouette for my logo, yes, a lot of people have it, but like Oldz said... It's my work that stands out from everyone else. I charge a price I'm comfortable with, and I always deliver a service that customers are 100% satisfied with. If they're not satisfied, I do the work free of charge until they are. Customer service will ALWAYS trump any logo, name, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with #4. People read from left to right so naturally the front of the car should face left in my opinion. It's also a little more ornate than #1. The blue color is nice also.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: New part time detailing business logo advice

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Honestly... If u wanna spread your business, don't worry about logos, designs and colors. Let word of mouth be your biggest asset.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKorch630 View Post
    Customer service will ALWAYS trump any logo, name, etc.
    Your personal and business brand is not JUST your customer service or the quality of your product. It's EVERYTHING that touches your company. It's how you answer your phone when a new customer calls. It's the way the interior smells when you hand over the keys. It's how neat your shop looks when they drop the car off for the first time. It's the clothes you are wearing when you stand in front of a client. It's the words you choose when you post in an online discussion forum. That's all part of your brand.

So what if your logo looks like other detailers? This is HUGE. Because then your brand is also their brand, too. If they treat customers poorly on the phone, or run someone's finish, or talk trash in a discussion community, it's very easy for someone who doesn't know either of you to assume that you are one-in-the-same.

Perception is reality in marketing, and if someone thinks you are a bad business because they thought they recognized your logo, then guess what?

I'm not telling you what your logo should look like, or what colors or typeface to pick. All I'm saying is that there are great benefits to not looking like everyone else in an industry. When my clients come to me and show me their competitor's marketing and tell me that this is what they want to do, I tell them flat out, NO. It never works in their favor to make them look like everyone else.

Yes, your work and who you are should mean a lot to your personal brand, and they do. But don't forget all of the other components that make up your brand—and your logo is a big part of it.

Good luck, with whatever you choose to do.

doug

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you guys for your honest input. Doug, I agree with you 100 percent, that everything counts then building a business and your mission, your message to the customer, should be reflected by every aspect in your services, attitude, looks, clothes cards and etc. I made another logo attempt, i Think that this looks more like i would like a logo to look.
    Logo no. 18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast