autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Facebook Page Like for LIke - I like yours and you like mine - Help boost each others!

True. I can see that way. I don't ask my customers for likes, I feel like the pushy sales man that I want to punch in the face.

But we're not asking our customers here, we're just all supporting eachother for whatever its worth. Small business helping small business.

Dan
    Mobile Unit - 2013 Chevrolet Silverado
    Precision Mobile Auto Detailing
    Facebook Google+

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Facebook Page Like for LIke - I like yours and you like mine - Help boost each others!

Ive "liked you all"
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Precision MAD View Post
    True. I can see that way. I don't ask my customers for likes, I feel like the pushy sales man that I want to punch in the face.

But we're not asking our customers here, we're just all supporting eachother for whatever its worth. Small business helping small business.

Dan
    I understand, but that was precisely my cousins point...not to ask for "likes" from competitors and customers. She said it's unprofessional. I didn't want to get into the conversation with her because I didn't have time at that moment.

I've seen the threads here for detailers asking for likes from other detailers, but my cousin's comments is something new to me. She's the only person I know that doesn't do this, but apparently she knows other people who aren't "asking" as well. Apparently it's a company wide policy.

I won't say the name of the company, but will tell you they're pretty big and women is their sole target.

To reiterate:
    I'm not saying a person should do as she described. I'm just throwing it out there in case someone else had heard of any other companies doing this, and why they're doing it...or not doing it in this case (not asking for "likes").

Perhaps others have heard of this as well and maybe they could tell us all why they feel it's a bad practice to "ask" for likes from competitors or customers. (I guess they don't want to ask people to "like" them, they would rather they look at a website and/or product and make a real decision if they like what they see, without someone asking them.) I get that, but there has to be an advantage one way or the other. Which one? Ask, or don't ask?
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I've liked everyone who liked me, on both my personal page and my business page. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    I understand, but that was precisely my cousins point...not to ask for "likes" from competitors and customers. She said it's unprofessional.
    Technically, I didn't ask for likes. I simply posted a link. Sure, liking was implied, but not specifically requested by me on this thread. I'm just giving you a hard time here.

I see the point of not asking for likes and how it seems unprofessional. When I visit a page and it's nagging me to like it, I am put off and leave. It really is off-putting as a customer.

I read an article called "Brands are Not Your Friends" and it really hit home. Here it is.

Here's an excerpt from the above link that I find to get to the root of the issue:

"Treating brands like buddies isn't just embarrassing for all parties—sympathy for a brand is antipathy for all humans. The great friending of the brand undermines the vital skepticism of corporate America and capitalism altogether. It's horrid enough that our laws treat corporations as people—to treat them as personal friends is just rotten."

It really is an interesting read from the guys who defiled a certain drink brand's ad campaign.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Which one? Ask, or don't ask?
    Good question. It can come off as unprofessional, like your cousin said, and I feel pushy. I'd rather let my customers decide for themselves whether they'd like to like my Facebook page or leave a good review. Reviews are another thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Damonsfcd View Post
    Technically, I didn't ask for likes. I simply posted a link. Sure, liking was implied, but not specifically requested by me on this thread. I'm just giving you a hard time here.

I see the point of not asking for likes and how it seems unprofessional. When I visit a page and it's nagging me to like it, I am put off and leave. It really is off-putting as a customer.

I read an article called "Brands are Not Your Friends" and it really hit home. Here it is.

Here's an excerpt from the above link that I find to get to the root of the issue:

"Treating brands like buddies isn't just embarrassing for all parties—sympathy for a brand is antipathy for all humans. The great friending of the brand undermines the vital skepticism of corporate America and capitalism altogether. It's horrid enough that our laws treat corporations as people—to treat them as personal friends is just rotten."

It really is an interesting read from the guys who defiled a certain drink brand's ad campaign.
    Wow, awesome read. I never understood why people run around "friending" everyone and everything. If I don't talk to you in real life or you're a friend that lives out of state now, I don't friend you, like you or whatever.

Dan
    Mobile Unit - 2013 Chevrolet Silverado
    Precision Mobile Auto Detailing
    Facebook Google+

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend NOT doing this.
    Your doing this to get your like up, well you should be doing this to get customer on your page.

You have to understand how facebook works.
    When you make a post it only goes to certain people. So the more you people you have the less "right" people will see it.

YOU WANT LOCALS ONLY ON YOUR PAGE.
    The way I do it is to boost a post. This gives you the tools to target area, gender, searches and the like.

When ever I boost a post I get 10 new like and they are LOCAL PEOPLE, customers.

I kick people off my page who aren't customers or are to far away.

I want my neighbors on my page so they will become customers.

To often people think having a lot of likes is good but your hurting yourself by your posts not going to potential customers.

Join local neighborhood pages and post there.
    I conect with my neighborhood, not people 400 miles away from me.

Post Thanks / Like

new to facebook, what is all the likes for anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailing by M View Post
    The way I do it is to boost a post. This gives you the tools to target area, gender, searches and the like.

When ever I boost a post I get 10 new like and they are LOCAL PEOPLE, customers.
    As a goof, I Boosted a recent photo album post. I set my parameters to target locals based on my target criteria.

I got a bunch of views and picture likes as well as a couple page likes out of it. Two price inquiries that didn't pan out.

Anyway, what was odd is that one of the price inquiries lives in a different state...at least according to her profile. It seems like quite a few likes were from out of state people. Could be friends of locals who liked my post as well.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I liked everyones Pages!

Heres Mine, Take in Mind started this last week

www.facebook.com/patsautodetailingaz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast