autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok Y'all I need your help!!!

Come this fall/ winter I'm going to start my own business. The only obstacle I face is myself. I was in a pretty severe automobile accident last October. My mind is on " all systems go" while my body may limit that. Not my choice. I thank this forum and all you great folks for sharing all that you have done and learned. You make me want to go out and polish the #### out of a turd.
    And I will. I will most definetly be an ever present member with a million questions. Thanks you for being an amendable crowd. Take care.

Peace,

Darrin

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ok Y'all I need your help!!!

Good Luck with your new business.

Take Care Amigo
    Rico

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Darrin. Best of luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Darrin.
    Good to see you aren't going to let your physical issues get in the way of your goals. I was told 15 years ago by multiple docs, that because of my severely advanced degenerative spinal condition, I needed to stop working.......period. If my wife and I don't work, our family doesn't eat, so I didn't listen. I deal with pain almost every day. Some days I need help getting my shoes and socks on, and I have very little feeling left in my hands, but I still get up and do what I need to do.
    I had to stop painting about 5 years ago because of a shoulder injury, but have been doing detailing (specializing in paint correction) for over 15 years as a side gig. Just this year, I got my LLC and decided to make it my main income source. It is slowly picking up, and I am confident this will get big enough to provide for us.
    Moral of the story........don't let anyone tell you that you "can't" do anything!
    Good luck with your new venture!
    B

Post Thanks / Like

Ask away, I detail PT and deal with Cerebellar Ataxia so you learn that there is more than 1 way to skin a cat
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in a similar situation. I have permanent damage which affects my legs and back. Been about 8 years now. It slows me down and I have to take breaks, but I still do what I want to do. Sometimes the pain fades into the background when I'm in the zone working.

It is certainly a struggle if you let it become one. Only advice I can give is learn to work with the physical obstacles and listen to your body. In the 8 years of living my "new life" I've yet to find that thin line of over doing it but still trying to live a satisfying life.
    Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah a big problem is this disorder makes me slur (speak) and walk like Im intoxicated, so potential customers are well nervous to say the least.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

You all are friggin awesome! I did not write my post as a means for sympathy or empathy. I wrote it because I think you are an incredible bunch of people who love what they do, and I want to be a part of that. God bless you all who persevere through the obstacles that life put in your way, whatever they may be. You are my inspiration. Don (fly97sti), you are a very my greatest
    inspiration, you have shared your products via cross country
    and carry a heavy heart. You're awesome buddy, thank you.
    Well, shall we carry on and make the road more beautiful, one car at a time. I say YES. Take care you all and thank you for your encouraging words. Bless you all. Take care of yourselves.

Peace,

Darrin

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.