autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile Generator Recommendations

Been amping up to actually get a vehicle for mobile detailing. Looking towards maybe an HHR. Either way I'm thinking that getting a mobile generator is a good idea to power tools. Maybe to use a small 110V air compressor (so I can have access to blowing dust away, and using a Tornador) or plugging in my Porta Cable 7424 buffer.

Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Generator Recommendations

Honda EU2000

Post Thanks / Like

A small compressor as I read doesn't work with a tornador. Cfm output isn't enough

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

couple of things here
    Honda is the best generator out there but it runs about 2K.
    Ive had my harbor freight generator for about 2 years and it has not let me down.(please generator this is not a challenge, don't start now) Its way less expensive ($500) and runs all the things you need to run. I use it everyday so I've tested it all the way.
    Small air compressor will not work with the tornador, you need something bigger even a medium model 10gallon one, will need to catch up all the time. Best thing to get is a 20 gallon one, but this will take up space and add load to your van.
    If you need something to blow off the water you can use a regular blower or if you want something smaller and just as powerful get a chemical guys blower its about 45 bucks.
    Car Wash, Wax, Polishes, Microfiber Towels and Best Auto Detail Supplies - Chemical Guys Professional Car Care Products - Wholesale and Retail

Post Thanks / Like

That Honda eu2000 is pretty sharp looking. Looks like it would fit my needs great. A quick Google search revealed you can get one for $999 including shipping. Plus if for some reason I needed double power it looks like you can buy a 2nd one and connect them together. May seriously consider that one.

Yeah I know the Tornador needs some decent CFM. I think the small compressor I have is 10 gallons, but I'll have to put it through a torture test with the Tornador to see if it'll work or if I will also need to step on a new one of those.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailed Josh View Post
    That Honda eu2000 is pretty sharp looking. Looks like it would fit my needs great. A quick Google search revealed you can get one for $999 including shipping. Plus if for some reason I needed double power it looks like you can buy a 2nd one and connect them together. May seriously consider that one.
    And it's whisper quiet, and you can get the cord to sync two of them together if down the road you find you need more power.

We RV, the Honda's for boondocks camping are the gold standard.

Post Thanks / Like

Been amping up to actually get a vehicle for mobile detailing. Looking towards maybe an HHR.
    Off topic, but wouldn't it be better to get something more practical, like a minivan or cargo van? Either would have more cargo space, and better access to cargo via the rear hatch or sliding side doors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trekkeruss View Post
    Off topic, but wouldn't it be better to get something more practical, like a minivan or cargo van? Either would have more cargo space, and better access to cargo via the rear hatch or sliding side doors.
    I thought the same thing, but after seeing a couple members here on the forum post about their HHR setups it seems pretty great. Save on fuel and still have enough cargo space. I haven't got one yet, but I'm leaning that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same thing, but after seeing a couple members here on the forum post about their HHR setups it seems pretty great. Save on fuel and still have enough cargo space. I haven't got one yet, but I'm leaning that way.
    The HHR is an awesome little rig for one or two man mobile operations, especially if you score a panel version. I absolutely love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything else on the market. I love that I can drive my "work van" and it feels like I'm driving a car. People always stop and ask questions about it too, it's a great conversational piece. I originally got the idea to use one on here from Josue - mrclean He has a white one and helped convince me on it. Here's mine in case you haven't seen it:

There's a surprising amount of room inside too with plenty of access from the rear doors and back hatch:

I have a ton of stuff in mine including a steam cleaner, vacuum, ladders, 3 5gallon buckets, leaf blower, pressure washer, 26 gallon water tank, hose, buffers, tons of chemicals/polishes/waxes and even more MF's and pads (I've got pictures if you're interested) but I don't have a compressor or a generator (I use customer's power and haven't really ever had an issue in 10 years with that). I do know that mrclean has a generator in his, so it can be done.

Good luck with the search, there's a lot of options out there, just make sure that you do your research and get what fits your needs.
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Been amping up to actually get a vehicle for mobile detailing. Looking towards maybe an HHR. Either way I'm thinking that getting a mobile generator is a good idea to power tools. Maybe to use a small 110V air compressor (so I can have access to blowing dust away, and using a Tornador) or plugging in my Porta Cable 7424 buffer.

Suggestions?
    Good questions. I have been looking into getting a generator myself. I do not understand amp and watts. So I am trying my figure out what size to get.

Another item that I am looking to get is a 12 x 12 ez up conopy. Anyone have a good source for them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast