autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need some help: dealer pricing

I've been in the same boat as you. In fact I started the same exact way by getting business from a car flipper. I've done interiors by hand using shampoo/brushes and then a shop vac. I'll probably purchase a tornador first since that seems to be plenty versatile and it could help with my motorcycle jobs. I started slow with used equipment and it's earned me enough to buy tools that make my job more efficient.

Just depends on how quickly you want to grow. In the last 12 months I've only turned down 3 jobs because I didn't feel prepared or had the equipment to do it RIGHT.
    How many cars will he have lined up for you? Just starting out, I think anything in the $80-100 range is good for what he wants. There's also value in the fact that you can go to him and he doesn't waste time driving. Ask him what his time is worth.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, good. I didnt want to seem like I was being a D-bag. I was truly trying to get you some options to see things a different way and try to work with what you have.

Im jealous that you may get to go play with a LAMBO!!! Dang it.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    OK, good. I didnt want to seem like I was being a D-bag. I was truly trying to get you some options to see things a different way and try to work with what you have.

Im jealous that you may get to go play with a LAMBO!!! Dang it.
    You were a huge help! Things seem a bit more clear this morning.
    I realized "knocking them out for hundred bucks" really isn't the mission of my business.
    I know if I listen to my gut I'll usually have the answer, it's the dang brain that screws it up...

I'm really looking forward to working with Scott. I know I'm going to learn a ton.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    You were a huge help! Things seem a bit more clear this morning.
    I realized "knocking them out for hundred bucks" really isn't the mission of my business.
    I know if I listen to my gut I'll usually have the answer, it's the dang brain that screws it up...

I'm really looking forward to working with Scott. I know I'm going to learn a ton.
    Paul, I guarantee even though you are new, I'll learn just as much from you. I encourage more of you all to do these types of meetings as it's always beneficial to see how others do their thing. Amazing the little tips and tricks you can learn from picking someone else's brain. Corporate America mandates this, might be a good best practice.

Post Thanks / Like

You mentioned "high end" exterior work. I guess it depends where you live, but I've come to find that Joe Public doesn't care nearly as much about exterior work/paint correction as I originally hoped for. I would take as much business as you can get, become a master at what you are doing and eventually hire someone to do that part for you as you start to build a name and reputation while working on expanding the "exterior" part of the business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12