autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you review our prices?

We are still in the start up phase of our business, we have given out roughly 8 price quotes all to people that I know aren't other detail shops (They are mainly off a local group Facebook group) and since giving out a price we haven't heard anything back from any of them so I was wondering if someone could review our prices and/or our website? After another couple days I do plan on reaching out to these people to try and collect some feedback, but I have compared our prices 3 times to the local competition and I feel like our prices match up pretty evenly.

Our exterior packages

Our Interior packages

Website Professional Mobile Detailling in Delaware - Detail Driven

If this is the wrong spot to post this I am sorry

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you review our prices?

Seems like moderately priced services. FB groups are not the place to sell most detailing services, people that cruise those pages are wanting cheaper than cheap, practically free. Make sure you are reaching the right market before critiquing your prices too hard.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the going rate in your area? Call around and get quotes from other detailers. Be honest, let them know you're starting a business and want help trying to price things right...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JayClark79 View Post
    We are still in the start up phase of our business, we have given out roughly 8 price quotes all to people that I know aren't other detail shops (They are mainly off a local group Facebook group) and since giving out a price we haven't heard anything back from any of them so I was wondering if someone could review our prices and/or our website? After another couple days I do plan on reaching out to these people to try and collect some feedback, but I have compared our prices 3 times to the local competition and I feel like our prices match up pretty evenly.

Our exterior packages

Our Interior packages

Website Professional Mobile Detailling in Delaware - Detail Driven

If this is the wrong spot to post this I am sorry
    It all depends on you area.

But here are my thoughts:

1. Interior prices seem reasonable.

2. Exterior 1 & 2 seem low. Are you making enough $ to justify driving there and doing the work?

3. Other services; headlights seem high compared to the prices of your other services. Your level 1 exterior is the cost of 1 headlight restoration. (But I think you exterior prices are low) Engine cleaning seems about right.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah level 1 and 2 exterior are pretty low. $35 for level 1 doesn't leave room for much profit for at least an hour of work.

Post Thanks / Like

I did a level 2 exterior for $10 (I did a Rinseless instead of a foam bath) plus I opti sealed the car. The customer called me back the next day and said they were not happy. They said the wheels were clean but not shiny enough, so I had to go back and polish the aluminum wheels

Post Thanks / Like

I can't really comment on your pricing, but I would recommend maybe adding a brief description of each service. Look at it from the eyes of the customer - "Foam bath", "Quick Detailer", and "Final Inspection" may not have much meaning and value to the customer without knowing what they are.

Without having much knowledge of your area, it seems like some of the exterior prices are low if you're doing mobile detailing. Just my $.02

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    I did a level 2 exterior for $10 (I did a Rinseless instead of a foam bath) plus I opti sealed the car. The customer called me back the next day and said they were not happy. They said the wheels were clean but not shiny enough, so I had to go back and polish the aluminum wheels
    Lol dang man, are you serious?

Post Thanks / Like

I think your prices are solid, but it depends on your area. They are definitely not high thiugh

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the responses! All of your recommendations make sense and I will be looking into making changes reguarding everything from the descriptions to the pricing of my lower exterior packages... I guess I was looking at level 1 as almost a basic wash, and I couldnt see people paying more then $35 to have their car washed :/

And VPMark has spot on about the Facebook Groups wanting something for nothing, this is a luxury service not something everyone in town can afford to have done.... Everyone wants their car cleaned until they see the price of a good detail lol

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast