autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you review our prices?

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Just my opinion, but you need to raise your prices a LOT. I charge $25 for a wash, which includes ONR wash and tire dressing. That's IT! If they want more than that, it is time to talk about a package deal or do an estimate for what they are specifically wanting.

It is not worth doing work if you are LOSING money! I would rather NOT work than lose money!

By raising your prices, you are also raising your perceived value in the eyes of your customers.

If you charge $10 for a wash, they are going to treat you for like a guy that washes cars for $10.

You have to market to the people you want to do work for, and part of your marketing includes your prices! If you want to attract premium customers, have premium (at least for your market and area) prices.

Price yourself ABOVE what everyone else is charging, there is no success to be had in the muddy middle standing in the pack with everyone else.

Call me on the phone sometime, we can talk about this. I made the mistake you are making for a long time of trying to be everything to everyone before I wised up and started making sure that I was making money and getting paid for only what I'm doing, nothing more and nothing less.
    Makes sense, was contemplating on raising my prices above the rest. Not to gouge but in the sense you will get what you pay for in the long run
    On Site Auto Detailing- Detailing all of Central Michigan
    (989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onsite View Post
    Makes sense, was contemplating on raising my prices above the rest. Not to gouge but in the sense you will get what you pay for in the long run
    Yes, my friend. Learn from Marks many mistakes. Want more business? Raise your prices and learn to say no. If you dont respect yourself your clients will not respect you either.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh im learning after 3 and a half hours for $65
    (989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

Your services are lacking and your prices are pathetically low
    Offer a better package at a higher price and drop all the stage 1-2 stuff.

Put more value on your own personal time
    REFINED SHINE
    Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell anymore of people are replying to my prices and packages or Real Rider or someone else lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    Hopefully you are able to get the $35 for the wash. I have trouble getting $20 for a level 2 and most of the time it is lower. I went to a small used car dealer and told him I would wash all his cars, dry all of them, clean the wheels, and dress tires for $5 a car and he wanted to know if I would do it for $4 each

Why do any work if you are losing money?!? It's not like those cheap asses are gonna call you back and even if they do, you want to lose more money?

You aren't building clients. If I was paying someone to clean my m3, there is no way I'd pay someone $10 cause I'll get a shitty $10 car wash. My car is worth it to me to pay someone $50 and do it the right way.

If your prices are way higher you weed out the cheap asses and move into better clients. Unless you are in an impoverished area in which case you picked the wrong profession.

Post Thanks / Like

i wouldnt start my vehicle for $20 thats me though. To me i would of lost money once i figure in cost of product and gas the left over just isnt enough.
    (989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

$20 for all that work, what good is consistent business if you arent making money? The problem is that he is ok with $20 so not much will change till you value your own time more.

The car came out great though!

Post Thanks / Like

I had deleted my post because I felt like I may be hijacking this thread. Here is the car (Exterior only)I did for $20 today. Changing professions or getting out of business is not an option for me. The detailing industry has too many good people and too many exciting new products to ever change professions. I will just have to keep easing up prices till I find the right price. I have given up many times but I have never given up the last time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onsite View Post
    i wouldnt start my vehicle for $20 thats me though. To me i would of lost money once i figure in cost of product and gas the left over just isnt enough.
    I agree with you. Driving will eat up profit fast. One way I keep costs down is I currently do not clean any cars farther away than 3 miles from my house

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast