autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you review our prices?

You could make the basic wash 2bm without foaming it first. Just pressure washer off the loose stuff and wash. Add the foam as part of level 2.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Jay... What part of Delaware are you serving?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    I did a level 2 exterior for $10 (I did a Rinseless instead of a foam bath) plus I opti sealed the car. The customer called me back the next day and said they were not happy. They said the wheels were clean but not shiny enough, so I had to go back and polish the aluminum wheels
    What? Was wheel polishing part of the service?!? You need to stop being a doormat...
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    What? Was wheel polishing part of the service?!? You need to stop being a doormat...
    Only the Rinseless Wash was for $10. I opti sealed the car because I just got the product and wanted to see how it worked. I cleaned the wheels, wheel wells, and dressed the tires for $10. The customer was not happy and said the wheels looked dirty and not shiny. I went back over to look at the car and the wheels were clean, just needed polished. The problem is the $10 wash does not include polishing wheels but I lightly polished them anyway (15 minutes more work) and I guess the customer is still not happy. They have never called back to get their car cleaned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kengo123 View Post
    Lol dang man, are you serious?
    Yes, I am serious. You can see more info on the above post. People are very picky around here and want everything for a low price and most customers I deal with are like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JayClark79 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the responses! All of your recommendations make sense and I will be looking into making changes reguarding everything from the descriptions to the pricing of my lower exterior packages... I guess I was looking at level 1 as almost a basic wash, and I couldnt see people paying more then $35 to have their car washed :/

And VPMark has spot on about the Facebook Groups wanting something for nothing, this is a luxury service not something everyone in town can afford to have done.... Everyone wants their car cleaned until they see the price of a good detail lol
    Hopefully you are able to get the $35 for the wash. I have trouble getting $20 for a level 2 and most of the time it is lower. I went to a small used car dealer and told him I would wash all his cars, dry all of them, clean the wheels, and dress tires for $5 a car and he wanted to know if I would do it for $4 each

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully you are able to get the $35 for the wash. I have trouble getting $20 for a level 2 and most of the time it is lower. I went to a small used car dealer and told him I would wash all his cars, dry all of them, clean the wheels, and dress tires for $5 a car and he wanted to know if I would do it for $4 each
    You need a new business (or you need to target your marketing better). Hie could you even be making any money? After expenses, you're probably lucky to break even.
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    You need a new business (or you need to target your marketing better). Hie could you even be making any money? After expenses, you're probably lucky to break even.
    I agree with you. With expenses, insurance, and products I am actually in the red right now. To get in the black, in the future I will not be able do a Rinseless Wash for less than $20 and I will probably not be washing any cars for dealers in the future. I would be surprised if anyone can get a car dealer to pay more than $5 to wash a car but i could be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

These are very cheap prices. I've learned that cheap prices attract cheap customers who's expectations are wildly out of line with the services they are paying for. Detailing is a premium service that yields premium results. There are drive through car washes for $10.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you. With expenses, insurance, and products I am actually in the red right now. To get in the black, in the future I will not be able do a Rinseless Wash for less than $20 and I will probably not be washing any cars for dealers in the future. I would be surprised if anyone can get a car dealer to pay more than $5 to wash a car but i could be wrong.
    Just my opinion, but you need to raise your prices a LOT. I charge $25 for a wash, which includes ONR wash and tire dressing. That's IT! If they want more than that, it is time to talk about a package deal or do an estimate for what they are specifically wanting.

It is not worth doing work if you are LOSING money! I would rather NOT work than lose money!

By raising your prices, you are also raising your perceived value in the eyes of your customers.

If you charge $10 for a wash, they are going to treat you for like a guy that washes cars for $10.

You have to market to the people you want to do work for, and part of your marketing includes your prices! If you want to attract premium customers, have premium (at least for your market and area) prices.

Price yourself ABOVE what everyone else is charging, there is no success to be had in the muddy middle standing in the pack with everyone else.

Call me on the phone sometime, we can talk about this. I made the mistake you are making for a long time of trying to be everything to everyone before I wised up and started making sure that I was making money and getting paid for only what I'm doing, nothing more and nothing less.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast