autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Logo Feedback

Post Thanks / Like

Logo Feedback

Autogeek family. I've got some logo mockups that I'm torn between and figure i turn to you guys for some additional opinions.

I liked the center one which is just the name with a buffer in the top right corner, however my girlfriend likes the font of the top right corner from the logo in this photo

I then thought to myself that I would like to try to be known as a top notch or a skilled buffer and coating installer so I asked the guy to change out the buffer and asked if he could create a crown and he came up with the following which blew me away.

I like most of the ones with the crown. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Logo Feedback

They're all good. I like the top one with the crown on the P on premiere. That one talks

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with your girlfriend... I like the top right one in the 2nd set

I like the idea of the buffer in the logo if it was placed in there a little better. It just looks slapped on in all the logos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kengo123 View Post

I like the idea of the buffer in the logo if it was placed in there a little better. It just looks slapped on in all the logos
    Me too.
    I used Michroma for the font which looks very similar if not the same as in your logo.
    The Finishing Touch Auto Detail, LLC
    Serving Austin, TX | San Antonio, TX | Portfolio | Reviews | Contact Us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buff-N-Glo View Post
    They're all good. I like the top one with the crown on the P on premiere. That one talks
    I was thinking the same thing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kengo123 View Post

Any suggestions on where it should be placed?

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like the buffer is awkward... donno what it is, just seems awkwardly placed in all of them.

Love the crown ones though!

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile

Post Thanks / Like

For the sake of simplicity when you go to get vinyl done and shirts made etc I suggest going with something that doesn't have a gradient (or still looks great using only 2-3 solid colors)

I'm going to say the top premiere one but make auto detailing bigger and easier to read and lose the Rupes.

Best of luck to you on your business adventure, in this industry you will face many challenges (mainly the stereotype of what a detail is and what it costs, and trying to explain to each and every person why you are worth more than the guy down the street) but no matter what you go through, just know we all support you and don't forget what you got into it for... BECAUSE WE LOVE WHAT WE DO
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingTouchA View Post
    For the sake of simplicity when you go to get vinyl done and shirts made etc I suggest going with something that doesn't have a gradient (or still looks great using only 2-3 solid colors)

I'm going to say the top premiere one but make auto detailing bigger and easier to read and lose the Rupes.

Best of luck to you on your business adventure, in this industry you will face many challenges (mainly the stereotype of what a detail is and what it costs, and trying to explain to each and every person why you are worth more than the guy down the street) but no matter what you go through, just know we all support you and don't forget what you got into it for... BECAUSE WE LOVE WHAT WE DO
    Making the detailing portion bigger should be easy. I can ask the logo guy or I can do it when in get the psd files. I feel like I've asked so much from him already lol.

As for the business side of things well I currently have a detail company however, long story short I went in when I was younger with a silly name not thinking I would still be doing detailing and my father was a partner. Now he no longer is with the business so i was forced to dissolve that business and start fresh. 100% Clean slate and can do things proper with an actual logo this tike and really stay grounded. It would be nice to try and focus on exterior type work as I'm really tired of cleaning barf and all that. Yes it is money however I would like to be known for my talent/skills of doing exterior work and coatings versus that even if it's AIO's and 1 Steppers. There is a huge market for headlight restoration out here as well with a crap ton of cars with yellow lights. I'm nervous, feels like I'm diving in head first all over again but hopefully I can learn from my previous mistakes and do it all right. Thanks for the support.