autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hard to deal with customer

I honestly would let this customer walk.

Post Thanks / Like

Your work deserves better customers. IMO, fire the customer as well as Groupon. IMO they are not the target customers you want or deserve. All they are looking for are deals. Their friends are the same.

I bet you the customer you are talking about has said to you "if you do not come here and fix my situation, I am going to let ALL my friends know". In this case...so be it!!

Your talent deserves better.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

F that noise!
    Tell him and Groupon to pound sand. You deserve way more than $25... or $50!

The cheapest you would get me to do any job is $125 and that is NO paint correction OR interior!
    I may be expensive, but i do it on the side and if you want me to do your car that bad you gotta pay.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

As ridiculous as it might be, it would take you maybe 5 minutes waterless wash the roof and throw some wax on it. It would also involve driving time, but it might be worth it over a bad review when you are just starting out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    F that noise!
    Tell him and Groupon to pound sand. You deserve way more than $25... or $50!

The cheapest you would get me to do any job is $125 and that is NO paint correction OR interior!
    I may be expensive, but i do it on the side and if you want me to do your car that bad you gotta pay.
    I'm with you DetailKitty. I give them the price and if they don't like it "take a hike". I do it on the weekends and it's my way or the highway and I have them in line.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

I know I am one of the most expensive guys in my area, but I also do very little wash and wax jobs. I have really even considered completely dropping my basic services and only taking correction work. We have quite a few cheap volume shops in our area and honestly most of the headaches come from the cheap jobs anyways. Being a part time guy I can do this without much worries though.

Post Thanks / Like

There are two ways to handle this.

Amateur way:

1. Tell the dude to get bent.

Professional Way:

2. Make it right and offer to re-wash the car. Unfortunately, you signed up for Group On... God only knows WHY you would do that when they take a whopping 50% !!!!!

It doesn't matter if your right or he's right. When your a professional at ANY job, you have to do what you reasonably can to make the customer feel the job is right. This is the cost of business and the process of dealing with people / customers - some who are harder to please than others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

Amateur way:

Professional Way:

2. Make it right and offer to re-wash the car. Unfortunately, you signed up for Group On... God only knows WHY you would do that when they take a whopping 50% !!!!!

It doesn't matter if your right or he's right. When your a professional at ANY job, you have to do what you reasonably can to make the customer feel the job is right. This is the cost of business and the process of dealing with people / customers - some who are harder to please than others.
    I agree completely. I would also take the time to explain that the job WAS DONE PROPERLY in the first place. You are providing this courtesy so as to have a 100% satisfied customer and it will not be repeated in the future. You don't want this jackleg to make a habit of this.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

Amateur way:

You calling me an amateur??????

Well I am!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

I'm tired of this "customer is always right" mentality. We live in a culture where people want things their way at their pace for their price and don't understand when they don't get it. Customers are not always right.

I worked in a customer service role for six years where I saw people literally cry over not being able to return 10 dollar cables, physically throw items at me that they were told were non-refundable, and call me names that would make sailors cover their ears. Guess what? Some of them still got their way because they know they can throw a fit and no one wants bad publicity or to deal with confrontation. They were raised and nurtured in a society where *****ing and moaning gets you results.

If I did detailing as a full-time job, I'd probably be more inclined to "make that right" for the customer, even though it's not your problem, but since I can pick and choose who I service as a business owner, I'd tell him how it is and offer a comp service next time because that's ridiculous and unreasonable. I almost signed up for Groupon a long time ago then they kept calling and trying to get me to sign up every day; it was worse than a car salesman. I read some of everyone's horror stories on here and I definitely do not want those types of customers.

Sorry for the rant. Just can't stand this kind of stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast