autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a good Point of Sale software for mobile detailing

So for the past 2 years I have been doing invoices manually. I think it's not very professionnal and I want to change that this year.

So my idea is to install a lap top and an inkjet printer in the truck. I will use an Inverter to power them.

Now I need to find a POS software that can do both Quotes and Invoicing. Ideally it would have inventory as well although that is not too important for me.

I have been doing searches for days and the one software I like: Acomba by Fortune 1000 is too expensive for me at the moment (500$).

I am wondering what you mobile guys are using. I could always just use Excel but I feel a decent POS software would be a good addition at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a good Point of Sale software for mobile detailing

Any issues with just using something like Square? It's free, you can input multiple detailing packages and automatically email receipts. Even without the square reader you can manually input credit card numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

I use square for payments.

Their software is very limited and it's phone based. I want something that runs on a PC so I can use a mouse and keyboard. I think there is an online version of their software but I don't want an online solution, I want a stand alone software.

Also their software cannot do quotes. And that is the major reason I want to use a POS software. I can printout a detailed quote and have the client sign it. Right now I am using a variation of Mike's inspection sheet. It works well but I prefer something that I can print out and then import for final billing. I have worked in computer stores a good part of my life as manager and I am used to doing things a certain way. Everytime I do manual quotes or bills I feel like I went back to the stone age

Post Thanks / Like

I use "Pose" , its like $50/month but very worth it. Keeps customer info, sales history, and has fully functional POS functions and back office.

Online Point of Sale for Retail | Pose Web Based Cash Register

Post Thanks / Like

50$ per month so it must be an online software.

In 10 month I would have paid for Acomba... So it's even more expensive than Acomba... might do more. For 500$ you get 2 modules so you can get Point of sales and something else you want. But there are like 20 modules so maybe Pose has more functionality built in.

As a mobile detailer, I feel the need for accounting software features are very limited. It's basically billing for time and deducting expenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta check that one out. I'm not "married" to Pose, just it had all the features i need at the lowest price. We do multiple cars at a time, so our POS needed to be more like a restaurant style, where I can take orders and "park" them to the side and retrieve later upon checkout. We also run a membership plan with 3 levels, POSE keeps track of it all so I eliminate the need for stamp cards and stuff like that. I can keep a record of each customer by license plate, see how much they've spent, all previous order histories, etc. It has an employee timeclock function (which i dont use yet). And the best thing for me is that its web based, so all info is stored online not on the device in case of theft or malfunction.

Downfalls: Its a little slow, and has some minor bugs.

Post Thanks / Like

Check into Quickbooks Pro. I use it for my business. You can create invoices, create CC Payments (I would assume you are going to use a merchant service) and use a portable merchant terminal. You can buy a merchant terminal very cheap at Staples or Office Depot. DO NOT BUY IT FROM the MERCHANT CARRIER!!! $$$ Costco might even be cheaper too.

Quickbooks Pro is great for small businesses and you can keep track of your customers names, addresses, e-mails, tel numbers, sales, and expenses. You can buy Quickbooks Pro at Costco is about $200 - $300. You can reconcile everything every month and tie everything to your business bank account.

Vista Print can help you with merchant services and you can use your cell phone with a swipe card. Your local bank can help you too but they are $$$.

BTW, CPA's use Intuit Software for accounting purposes. About 80 percent of the CPA's (told by my CPA) use Intuit Software for accounting and taxes. Intuit makes Quickbooks Pro.

I use it for my business and it is a God Send!! PS: QB Pro can print invoices and checks with a portable printer too!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, I forgot to mention that I set up my mobile detailing business with QB Pro. My main business uses QB Pro too. You can have multiple businesses with QB Pro at no extra charge.

Check into QB Pro.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

This topic is very interesting. That is, trying to streamline the book keeping while doing things in a more professional manner.

I understand that I can buy something like QB Pro at Sam's Club or Costco, and I'm sure I could learn about it simply by using it some.

It would be nice if someone would create a "How-To" write-up on this subject beginning with explaining what to use (QB Pro or another system), why to use it, and in language that's easy to understand for those forum members who may not be familiar with such tools and the lingo, and for those who wish to 'up their game' a bit.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I use square for payments.

Their software is very limited and it's phone based. I want something that runs on a PC so I can use a mouse and keyboard. I think there is an online version of their software but I don't want an online solution, I want a stand alone software.

Also their software cannot do quotes. And that is the major reason I want to use a POS software. I can printout a detailed quote and have the client sign it. Right now I am using a variation of Mike's inspection sheet. It works well but I prefer something that I can print out and then import for final billing. I have worked in computer stores a good part of my life as manager and I am used to doing things a certain way. Everytime I do manual quotes or bills I feel like I went back to the stone age
    Using Square as well. It is great for quick and dirty things, but can be a pain for doing invoices. If invoices could do discounts then it would be much better.

I do enjoy the simplicity though for the most part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast