autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2015 Detailing Seaon Starting! What are your goals?

Well folks, March is here and for those who operate as a business it is about to get super busy. My phone has already been lighting up with inquiries and it is sleeting and snowing outside right now.

What are your goals for 2015?

What do you want to do differently or better?

Some of my goals include:

1. Increase overall revenue by 20%. Much of the increase is going to come from focusing on up sells. Never assume that a client does not want one of your extra services. If you don't ask you are making the decision for them.

2. Boost my mobile operations dramatically. Last year I did about 50/50 mobile to home based work. This year I want to get out mobile much more often as it is generally higher profit margin work and has increased visibility.

3. Consolidate my product usage, while dramatically improving it. Even though it is more pricy, I've been stocking up on a lot of CarPro products this year. I'm looking for efficiency, effectiveness, and quality.

4. Brand my business better. I get a lot of new customers that are thrilled to hire me and thrilled with the results, who simply state "I did not know you existed!". This is an issue. I'm going to be doing my usual Google Adwords spending but supplementing it with a LOT of Facebook ads. I have got excellent results from Facebook ads, and it really seems like a very cost effective way to "share" your business with your local communities and those you are hoping to target as potential clients.

Well, what are you doing this year??

Share so others can benefit!
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Detailing Seaon Starting! What are your goals?

Most likely get back into detailing after ending my business after 7 years to finish school. Now that I have my bachelors, I hate my professional life and really want to pick up my tools.

I thought I'd start off by giving you some suggestions.

1. Have something that can really sell them on the up-sell. Once they see the steam coming out of my steamer, carpet and seat packages get signed, sealed, and delivered right there. Similar effect with compressed air tools, etc.

2. Good signage and/or Vinyl with a nice logo works great.

3. I started out with surfing the product wave around the forum. After years of practice, I really learned to appreciate the Meguiars Detailers Products in gallons. I use some of the PBMA brands such as DP and Pinnacle as well for a few products that really just do outperform anything else.

4. Really a good graphics guy is worth their weight in gold. I'd advise you to pull your rig to car club meets and hand out placards. In addition to Facebook, don't underestimate free alternatives like Craigslist. Make up say 5 ads per week showing your specialities and product superiority in detail. Monday = Steam Tuesday = Extraction Wed = Paint correction Thur = Sealant, Fri = Paint Cleansing, etc. Pics, formatted text etc. Odesk is good to have these CL-compatible template things made up. Really helps.

For me, I plan on finishing the designs on my mobile rig that will fit inside my 4x6" covered trailer pulled by my Civic. Yep. I'm fairly sure people will stop and look
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryandamartini View Post
    2. Good signage and/or Vinyl with a nice logo works great.
    Got that part covered good!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Detailing Seaon Starting! What are your goals?-2012-05-24_09-21-47_787-jpg  
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Got that part covered good!
    One thing I'm working on selling more correction. I'm really wanting to settle on a set of machines / product by detail fest. I love my rotary but due to the high amount of rotary abuse put into people's paint around here, people specifically ask for "paint safe" buffing. Makes my blood boil but w/e. Looking at Rupes system and I really want to have "levels" of correction being sold in a system and Rupes looks like the best fit.

Also playing with some ideas on compressed air utilities. We will see.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't detail as my job, but I like getting some small jobs on the weekends.

My goal is to continue to learn from you guys and get a few more jobs
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I don't detail as my job, but I like getting some small jobs on the weekends.

My goal is to continue to learn from you guys and get a few more jobs
    This is where I am at. But to add to this, I like the couple post above am not happy in my professional job and if I can get my skills where I feel comfortable enough starting my own detail business, I just might try it

I look to get better with every job I do and learn from every job I do and every post I read.
    2014 Toyota Venza LE-Attitude Black Metallic
    2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic
    2006 Honda Odyssey EXL - Slate Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with yous guys

Figurative not literal DK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Souldetailer View Post

Figurative not literal DK
    It's all good
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to go a week with a clean car. Tonight we are expecting another snow storm with ice. Next week they are saying 60*F weather for us so my goal is a complete correction and wax

Ed

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Get my part-time business started in May. Been practicing, ordering products, materials, and tools, and putting together a solid business plan. Also going continue reading and educating myself about detailing as well as business and life in general. I go to college but self education is a great thing. I could elaborate more on my goals but I'll keep it simple with that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast