autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile wash setup help

Hello all, I finally made an account but ive been lurking these forums for a awhile. I live in west Texas where the heart of the oil boom in Texas is. I worked Frac for almost 2 years and had enough of working 160+ hours a week and with the oil feild slowing i decided to get out and use some of the money i have saved up to start my own mobile wash. I already have a contract to wash 4 18 wheelers a week but mostly wanna focus on cars but ill do what i have to, to get started. As of now I have a truck a trailer, 330 gallon water tank that will be filled with R/O water, and a ONE Plus Steam Cleaner by Dupray . I need help picking a pressure washer and if I should run a tool like the Tornado, and what generator. I have about 1,800 dollars left that i wanted to spend. I also need to purchase supplies like brushes and chemicals. If yall had 1800 left to spend what route and tools would you buy conisdering you will be washing 18 wheelers (water haulers) so i know i need a strong PSI pressure wahser i found a OneWash by Generac that you can adjust PSI (2000-3100) anyways what are yall ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mobile wash setup help-11020939_10203842104916564_1083110130_n-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile wash setup help

Hello! I like my generac one wash. Starts very easily.
    Anson Craig the Mobile Detail Expert
    www.mdxdetailing.com
    Like MDX-www.facebook.com/mdxdetail

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome I will more then likely order mine by the days end, thanks for the feed back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Awesome I will more then likely order mine by the days end, thanks for the feed back.
    Are you aiming to really just do fleet washing or cars ?

If you're mainly aiming to do cars, I would put a cab on the truck to put a roof over your tools so you don't trash your cab on the truck. Sell gigantic tank or in addition get a smaller tank for the trailer.

With a mobile setup, you could really design it around just the bed of the truck and only have to use the trailer if you have big rig day.

I just don't want you spending all on equipment before the business is going! One of the best mobile detailers I knew did it all out of a Ford Ranger with a 30g tank for water or so.

Also on the generator, you really need to figure out what equipment you will run off of it and if any will be running at the same time.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The 330 gallon tank will be mounted on the trailer, so far i am planning on doing what i can. I figured on the bigger tank because I figured i would need more water washing tractor and trailers. If i could get nice contracts to just fleet im sure there is more money in that, but in honesty i would like to focus on cars. So im setting up to be able to do either or.

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the same truck for a similar purpose, but I'm going to use it without a trailer.

60-70 gallon water tank.
    (2) 2000EU Honda Generators

With the seats up in the back I can fit 12, 66 gallon containers, meaning I know exactly what will fit in the truck before I even load it, and everything is modular to maximize space.

The containers on the shelf are what I'm talking about.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice truck =], I plan on mounting everything on the trailer as well as a large tool box to store some equipment. What kind of MF towels do yall run? As far as generator ill just need one that can run a shop vac, or a dupray, and a Porter Cable.

Post Thanks / Like

for the generator look at the watts you need to run your tools and again if any may run at the same time make sure to add them together. we use a single honda 2000eu at the hunt club to run a camper including a window unit a/c, and it works like a charm. nice thing is you can get a companion to double it if needed in the future. they aren't cheap but nothing seems to beat honda's generators. light weight, QUIET, very minimal fuel usage.
    on to towels there are so many choices, personally i grab blue in bulk packs at lower or home depot for glass, yellow in 24 pack for $20 at advance auto for interior, and then waffle weave for drying, chemical guys workhorse in a different color for exterior(removal of polishes, waxes, and use with spray detailers) and if interested something with a higher gsm and longer pile for waterless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry editing my post above, look at the amps you need to run the tools and then look for a generator with a little more.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also in the process of setting up my mobile trailer. I've been working part time out of my house garage for the last 2 years and decided to go full time mobile in September.
    For generator I chose a ($800) 3100 Champion inverter generator. It runs everything I need it to (Master Blaster, Mytee HP100, Shop Vac etc). Its a great deal for anyone looking for a quiet gen but doesn't want to break the bank for the red or blue guys.
    I too have a huge tank (275g) but only because I found a hell of a deal on it - $60. I figure I'll only fill it up with what I need.

My selection of chemicals/tools is based off of what I need for my detailing goals, mixed with reviews on here, bulk availability and overall price. If you plan to do big rigs start searching out post on here for what chemicals/tools work for that application. I'm sure you can get what you need based on your budget but stick to what you actually need. The temptation has got me more than once to go bigger or better when I really didn't need to. Now I have a 7'x14' enclosed trailer with a lot of extra room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast