autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Journey To Reach A 7-figure Auto Detailing Business

sub

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent thinking! Are you designed or are you still working on your franchise model? I'm assuming that's what you are gearing toward with all the talk of systems and processes.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMP View Post
    +100
    Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    You have come so far since you started this thread and were washing 5 cars

new guy on the block

Really enjoy you Show & Shine posts....DB
    Thanks

I like to capture a bunch of 50/50s

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    Why the hatred? I'm sure there are detailing shops out there that make this much or close to it especially since I think he mentioned revenues, not profits - big difference when you run a shop that big. You can't be a one man show like most on this forum are (myself included) and make that kinda money, but it's conceivable for a bigger detailing business especially if you include services like wraps, tinting, film, high-end coating, PDR, and retail sales - and even more conceivable if you have more than one location. If you're gonna set goals, why not set them big?

That kind of large business is not for everyone, and you don't need a show-car type finish with full write-ups on every vehicle to pull it off either. Larger detail shops live and die by volume and people's DD's, not by whether or not you get every last scratch off of a car and capture the perfect picture with the perfect light. 95% of customers going to a business that size probably wouldn't know the difference.

All of our business models (those of us that have businesses) are slightly different, and what I love about this forum is how supporting almost all of the people on here are.

To each his own, but there's no need to bully someone about their dreams and goals.
    BTW, great article Oscar. There's a lot of good stuff in there and things that can be helpful, even if someone is wanting to just grow their business a little over time. I look forward to reading your updates in this thread!!

Yeah, I love seeing the huge difference in mindsets.

Some people see it as a joke and impossible.

Others will learn and hopefully will aim for bigger goals than mine.

Crazy how people will perceive the same thing differently.

Thanks for the help! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    No comment. Just lol
    What's to laugh about?

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    bits of advice...take care of business, not spending hours keeping a forum diary...and two, your biggest expense will be employees, and once you get over 100 employees you have to provide health care benefits. Have a great attorney, because his services will be needed, and an accounting /tax person. Being sued and having the IRS coming after you will kill any business plan no matter how good the intension.
    Thanks for the advice

Trust me, we're going to have everything on lock down with the proper guidance and infrastructure.

I plan on paying big bucks to keep me well above the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You speak very matter-of-factly in all of your threads for only having been doing this for two years. Good luck to you.
    Thanks for the luck.

A lot can change within 12 months.

I actually feel like I'm way behind.

I could have started this 6 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    Bingo! I agree. Best of luck bamboo.
    THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Excellent thinking! Are you designed or are you still working on your franchise model? I'm assuming that's what you are gearing toward with all the talk of systems and processes.
    Thanks

That's actually not our plans at all.

We're modeling our businesses very different than your typical volume/high end shop.

And it's actually really simple and straightforward.
    Want more customers for your detailing business?
    Find out how: www.detailsummit.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a great book for you (and everyone interested in getting out of "the grind"). It's called "Scale" by Jeff Hoffman and David Finkel. Get it, read it ten times and work it! Good luck with your dreams! Scale book
    Wax On!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    I've got a great book for you (and everyone interested in getting out of "the grind"). It's called "Scale" by Jeff Hoffman and David Finkel. Get it, read it ten times and work it! Good luck with your dreams! Scale book
    Thanks! Will download it for Kindle.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Thanks. Def will give it a read

Currently reading 4-6 books a month

Post Thanks / Like

Why the hatred? I'm sure there are detailing shops out there that make this much or close to it especially since I think he mentioned revenues, not profits - big difference when you run a shop that big. You can't be a one man show like most on this forum are (myself included) and make that kinda money, but it's conceivable for a bigger detailing business especially if you include services like wraps, tinting, film, high-end coating, PDR, and retail sales - and even more conceivable if you have more than one location. If you're gonna set goals, why not set them big?

That kind of large business is not for everyone, and you don't need a show-car type finish with full write-ups on every vehicle to pull it off either. Larger detail shops live and die by volume and people's DD's, not by whether or not you get every last scratch off of a car and capture the perfect picture with the perfect light. 95% of customers going to a business that size probably wouldn't know the difference.

All of our business models (those of us that have businesses) are slightly different, and what I love about this forum is how supporting almost all of the people on here are.

To each his own, but there's no need to bully someone about their dreams and goals.
    down to earth opinion and I share that...Some people only know to how to critique and even more just question you about comments or opinions. I won`t mention any names cause is not my style but the ones who read here often known those few. Thank God for the most part everyone else here is good people and will help you one way or the other. When some with dreams or goals share it here is an opportunity to look up at others that reach their max potential on their biz and encourage them to go for it and learn. Oscar I will pray for you and your goals, and the only one who can stops you to reach your goals is YOU
    not the ones with disrespectful comments or post. Those should be ban from this forum period....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastTbird View Post
    I love this.

I am curious to see how you address the challenge of employee retention: i.e. - A big challenge will be that when your properly trained employees realized that they can take their new found expertise (which was paid for by your training) on their own and make more money running their own detail shop.
    Exactly, unless you pay them six figures, then you're pretty much back at square one. And they may take some customers with them.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Oscar!

I totally agree with the mindset thing.. it's like $40 an hour, 1 car a day, doing all the work yourself is the limit that we've been conditioned to accepting. imo, reading the renny Doyle book and taking business ideas from other detail-first detailers has pushed me to think that that's the RIGHT way to be a detailer. Lately, I've been working on that mindset, and this post came right on time.

Get that money dude!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pikiki View Post
    down to earth opinion and I share that...Some people only know to how to critique and even more just question you about comments or opinions. I won`t mention any names cause is not my style but the ones who read here often known those few. Thank God for the most part everyone else here is good people and will help you one way or the other. When some with dreams or goals share it here is an opportunity to look up at others that reach their max potential on their biz and encourage them to go for it and learn. Oscar I will pray for you and your goals, and the only one who can stops you to reach your goals is YOU
    not the ones with disrespectful comments or post. Those should be ban from this forum period....
    Agreed. No matter where you go you will always have those people that like to critique more than anything.

But no worries

Thanks for the big time support

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Exactly, unless you pay them six figures, then you're pretty much back at square one. And they may take some customers with them.
    I see your point of view but this is far from the truth.

When all you're doing is giving them money for their time, you do not have a strong relationship with your team members.

You have to give them something bigger than money for them not to only stay with you...

But to stay committed and dedicated to the vision of the company

Quote Originally Posted by Kengo123 View Post
    Good luck Oscar!

I totally agree with the mindset thing.. it's like $40 an hour, 1 car a day, doing all the work yourself is the limit that we've been conditioned to accepting. imo, reading the renny Doyle book and taking business ideas from other detail-first detailers has pushed me to think that that's the RIGHT way to be a detailer. Lately, I've been working on that mindset, and this post came right on time.

Get that money dude!
    YES!

This all starts with your mindset. Being able to see the big picture.

Of course, marketing, financials, execution, and so on play a critical role into, but it all starts with conditioning the mind

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast