autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Price quote rs5

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Price quote rs5

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    I wouldn't quote him anything till you see the car and discuss what he wants done. Then give him some options and prices then let him decide what he is willing to pay. If he thinks its way to much send him on his way.I'll be honest most detailers give in on price just to get a job and thats a huge mistake in my opinion. Once you start doing this it's hard charge more money later on. You should always get what your worth.
    Perfect advice

Post Thanks / Like

Today was a cloudy winter day but I saw the car nonetheless. Its is black with a purple pearl. The car was serviced at a "detail" center so there is some type of coating on the paint that might be hiding defects. If not this might be enough for menzerna pf2500 followed by sf4500 to really mirror the finish. I will be using the most premium products and quoting roughly $50/hr for 8/9 hours.
    It's never too late to learn a little.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually think along those lines too. I want to make "x" amount per hour and estimate how long the job will take. I multiply that and give that number to the customer as a quote. I'm usually pretty good at estimating but if it takes me a bit longer, I just eat it.

I agree, fg400 is great as a one step on harder paints. I might try a lighter pad though since the car is dark. But then again you just won't know until you do a test spot, right? :-p

Like others said, this guy isn't satisfied with the $89 "full detail" and he sought you out for a reason. The price you charge should reflect that. If you're going to spend 8 hours on the car then $400 is perfectly reasonable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

This is an important client for my business. Although I maintain a 2013 Porsche Panamera S, this potential client is a car freak. He dreamt of this car and saved until he could afford it, therefore he seeks the attention it requires. He promised me hookup with his buddies who are also car nuts with similarly nice exotic cars.

Now the question is, how do I really make this service "premium" aside from sealing everything and giving special attention to certain areas?
    It's never too late to learn a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdubski View Post
    This is an important client for my business. Although I maintain a 2013 Porsche Panamera S, this potential client is a car freak. He dreamt of this car and saved until he could afford it, therefore he seeks the attention it requires. He promised me hookup with his buddies who are also car nuts with similarly nice exotic cars.

Now the question is, how do I really make this service "premium" aside from sealing everything and giving special attention to certain areas?
    Ok I would never trust a new customer telling me he will send you lots of business. Just charge him your normal price and if he really does send you customers give him a discount on his next detail.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Today was a cloudy winter day but I saw the car nonetheless. Its is black with a purple pearl. The car was serviced at a "detail" center so there is some type of coating on the paint that might be hiding defects. If not this might be enough for menzerna pf2500 followed by sf4500 to really mirror the finish. I will be using the most premium products and quoting roughly $50/hr for 8/9 hours.
    Next time you go inspect a vehicle to give a quote; bring a clean, nice MF towel, a light and a small spray bottle with 15% IPA in it

If I read you correctly; you are going to estimate how long the job will take and then give the Customer a quote based on that.

Does anyone actually quote the Customer an hourly rate and give them a final number at the completion of the job? Sort ma'am, it took a few hours longer than I thought.....you owe me $600 instead of $450"

I can't see that going very well. Most people want to know upfront what it is going to cost.

Post Thanks / Like

I may suggest you get Renny Doyle's Book if you don't already have it:

How to Start a Home-based Car Detailing Business, car detailing book, best auto detailing books
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Also, have you gotten a copy of Mike P's Vehicle Inspection Form? It's a must if your charging $$$ for detailing.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    Charging $50 an hour is much better for the beginner detailer than the professional. Actually if you are beginner, old, overweight, very slow, out of shape, and a smoker who takes a lot of smoke breaks, you will really cash in working by the hour. You will make way more money than a professional detailer who is, thin, a non smoker, and in great shape, if both are working by the hour
    Sorry if you take this wrong. I am Overweight, out of shape, and old. I can detail a vehicle just as good as a professional if not better. I am an enthusiast that goes all in. Although I do not do detailing for a living I take it seriously and do most of my detailing work on a Saturday or Sunday for additional cash. I have a mortgage, wife, and kids. If I charged by the hour I would loose money.

Please be a little bit more cognizant of the others on the forum.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eandras View Post
    Sorry if you take this wrong. I am Overweight, out of shape, and old. I can detail a vehicle just as good as a professional if not better. I am an enthusiast that goes all in. Although I do not do detailing for a living I take it seriously and do most of my detailing work on a Saturday or Sunday for additional cash. I have a mortgage, wife, and kids. If I charged by the hour I would loose money.

Please be a little bit more cognizant of the others on the forum.

Ed
    Me too. But that doesn't come in to play with the quality of my work. "It's not done until it's done correctly" is one of my mottos.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast