autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Too much content on your website?

Hi Jarred, I'm in the Coast Guard and detail on the side. So I have to adapt to a different market every 4 years. It takes time to build your business so this is rough, it's a good thing this is not my main source of income. Just like when I started in Detroit its slow getting my name out. But unlike when I started, I now know it will get better. My first year in Detroit I did a lot of discounted work just to get my name out. Also my website took at least two years to get on the first page of Google. Make sure to move your google map spot and not start over with a new one. Also make sure to update any other search engines you are on, bing, yahoo, angieslist, etc.
    My business increased every year in the D and I saw the same customers every year along with adding new ones. My last year there I only did return customers and actually turned a lot of people away. It took me 4 years to get to that point, but I now know it's attainable so this time I'm not discouraged at all.
    In Detroit I got a lot of work thru Craigslist, but for some reason I have nothing from it here. Also my Adwords campaigns don't seem as effective. I really think I should change my number to a local one. A lot of people who call me that is their first question. So change your number when you move, it will help. My best source of business here seems to come from Facebook of all places. There are a ton of local car enthusiast pages here. Jax mustangs, Jax bimmers and the like. So I go on there and offer different deals like my $80 special I'm running right now. Plus I put a link to my website on there and it's cool because I can watch all the traffic the post generates thru google analytics. When ever I do this I will typically book my schedule for weeks in advance. This will be how I do it till I get that great return customer base again. Good luck and remember it takes time, be patient. I think by year 2-3 you will be super busy.

www.JaxDetails.com
    www.Facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
    I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Post Thanks / Like

You have plenty of content I agree. I think if it was structured it would make more sense...Nice site though!

http://rlcmobileautodetail.weebly.com

http://topshelfmobiledetail.weebly.com

American Mobile Detailing - American Mobile Detailing-Professional Auto Detailing Services

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweatthedetails View Post
    Hi Jarred, I'm in the Coast Guard and detail on the side. So I have to adapt to a different market every 4 years. It takes time to build your business so this is rough, it's a good thing this is not my main source of income. Just like when I started in Detroit its slow getting my name out. But unlike when I started, I now know it will get better. My first year in Detroit I did a lot of discounted work just to get my name out. Also my website took at least two years to get on the first page of Google. Make sure to move your google map spot and not start over with a new one. Also make sure to update any other search engines you are on, bing, yahoo, angieslist, etc.
    My business increased every year in the D and I saw the same customers every year along with adding new ones. My last year there I only did return customers and actually turned a lot of people away. It took me 4 years to get to that point, but I now know it's attainable so this time I'm not discouraged at all.
    In Detroit I got a lot of work thru Craigslist, but for some reason I have nothing from it here. Also my Adwords campaigns don't seem as effective. I really think I should change my number to a local one. A lot of people who call me that is their first question. So change your number when you move, it will help. My best source of business here seems to come from Facebook of all places. There are a ton of local car enthusiast pages here. Jax mustangs, Jax bimmers and the like. So I go on there and offer different deals like my $80 special I'm running right now. Plus I put a link to my website on there and it's cool because I can watch all the traffic the post generates thru google analytics. When ever I do this I will typically book my schedule for weeks in advance. This will be how I do it till I get that great return customer base again. Good luck and remember it takes time, be patient. I think by year 2-3 you will be super busy.
    Thanks for all of the great info somehow I missed this when you first posted it, but I really appreciate it. That's great to know with Google Maps, and I'm definitely planning on getting a new local number, that seems like the best route there. I'll be planning on moving all of my website and online stuff over a month or so before I make the move so that I can gain some web presence before the move. Luckily, there are only a few other detailers in the market there already and a couple seem like very very small operations, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get on the front page of Google. My biggest concern will probably be working through the winters as there's a little more cold and snow than here in Seattle. I've saved up some extra $$$ to help with the transition as I build a new customer base, but my goal is to be going full steam ahead one year after the move.

Thanks again for the tips. Really super appreciated.
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234