autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proposal of services letter to dealerships and businesses

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    Don't offer production detailing. Offer paint correction with a coating only as an up sell for the dealer. You set a price for the dealer and then the dealer sets a price for the customer with however much profit they want.
    I get what you are saying, but most dealerships would much rather install a crap product like Xzilon themselves for $40 a bottle and pocket the profits. Very few dealerships are interested in paint correction or professional coatings.

I do agree though, if you are going to pitch to dealerships this should be what you have in mind.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    I get what you are saying, but most dealerships would much rather install a crap product like Xzilon themselves for $40 a bottle and pocket the profits. Very few dealerships are interested in paint correction or professional coatings.

I do agree though, if you are going to pitch to dealerships this should be what you have in mind.
    It likely works better with higher end dealers too.

For example (using unrealistic numbers) you can charge $300 for your services and the dealer can then sell your service for $800. Dealer makes a huge profit and does none of the work. Obviously the numbers would be much higher, but I just used that as an example.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    It likely works better with higher end dealers too.

For example (using unrealistic numbers) you can charge $300 for your services and the dealer can then sell your service for $800. Dealer makes a huge profit and does none of the work. Obviously the numbers would be much higher, but I just used that as an example.
    Why would you ever let the dealer make $500 off of you ever it should be 50/50 at the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Why would you ever let the dealer make $500 off of you ever it should be 50/50 at the least.
    You can't control what the dealer will charge for your services. You can only control what you'll charge the dealer.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some experience dealing with dealers. Any dealer less than a privately owned very high end likely doesn't even know what a paint correction is. Or they do, but think what their old school detailer does is great. LOL

I have talked with GM's of Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Porsche, Mercedes, and Jaguar. I maintain a "they know who I am" type of relationship with them and they will refer me a PC every now and then. I find most extremely high end owners like to tinker with their cars and they are proud of them. Even though there are swirls and they dry them with terry cloths.http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...lies/dunno.gif When approached about getting their cars corrected, almost always they are defensive.

Dealers do not care if the car has light to moderate swirls, as long as it shines. They do not care if there are holograms all over it, as long as it shines. What they do care about is the cost to re-condition the vehicles after they are purchased at a auction or traded in.

1. You could package up a deal for a smaller mainstream dealer to do just the paint on their used cars. Do a AIO on them and call it a day. I have a friend who does this, but also fills in the paint chips when he is done with the AIO. He gets $150 per car to do this.

2. That dealer's employees who detail, take too long when doing paintwork, and then have messed a few cars up also. Cheaper and easier to outsource the Paint part and just let the employees take care of the washing and general cleaning.

3. I have a friend who owns 4 dealerships (Subaru, Volvo, Mitsubishi) and he outsources the whole deal. He keeps just car wash and vacuum guys on hand for when a car sells. He pays $200 per car to have it reconditioned the first time.

I hope this helps, unfortunately its all about the money. A dealer and for the most part most people care only if it shines a lot and looks clean and smells nice. I know personally every car I have purchased in my life has been swirled to death, but looked nice at first. Until a few years ago I didn't or wasn't aware that they could be perfect if the time was spent. We all love a Paint Correction and I am pretty sure most of us on here would love to do that work only and all the time on nice cars. Unfortunately most people do not want or need that type of work. They will go to the nearest gas station car wash as soon as it rains and ruin all that work. The guys working in large multi-million people cities is where that type of work can be done regularly. For the rest of us, its a PC every now and then sprinkled with normal full details in-between.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12